Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750
Thumbs down Nissan takes the Suck Award right out of Suzuki's hand!

So, I bought an '07 Frontier LE in December '06. Been really happy with it, until about a week or so ago when the fuel sending unit went bad.

After a bit of Googling I see that this is a common problem from '06 to '08 Frontiers & Pathfinders. So I called the dealer to see about getting it fixed. My truck is out of warranty, but I saw a lot of talk of Nissan covering the repair anyway.

Turns out they did extend the warranty on the FSU, to 72K miles. And... my truck has 74K miles. Sorry we can't help you, call Nissan direct and see what they say. Which I did and after a week or so, someone finally called me back and the first thing they asked me was "how many Nissans have you owned?"

Really? Well, besides this truck, I had a 280Z. But I really love this truck. Can you help?

They said they would think about it, and today I got a call back, saying sorry but we are unable to help you since its past the warranty period.

No shit? That's why I called. Thanks for nothing! ok I didn't say that but I wanted to.

I don't get why me being a customer now isn't important enough. And 2k miles out of the warranty period? Come on! I guess when I decide to buy another vehicle I can rule out Nissan.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Way to drum up repeat business, assholes.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Exactly! I guess I should have told them I wanted to trade it in on a new one. But I don't feel like I should have to lie to deserve good customer service.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Well, I think maybe you should call them again, recount the story, and inform them that while their cursory review of your situation may have been a bit rash, they might reconsider their decision, as you are about to launch an online consumer blog regarding Nissan customer satisfaction.

In fact, it costs $9 to register a domain, like "frontier-justice4all.com". Pop for the domain, and offer to send them a link.

Yes, it's lying...but what they're doing isn't quite honest either.

My bet is that you will find them much more willing to help you with this approach...just a hunch.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
acalliste
Canyon Carver

hmm... that's a step farther than what I already planned to do, which was to post the above on every form I am a member of and some I am not, Facebook and my own website. I could name the page on my site NissanSucks I suppose.

Maybe I will do all that, then send them links to each site.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

I vaguely recall a lawsuit regarding "sucks" sites, hence my "slightly more conservative" naming approach. Remember: GoDaddy offers free parking, and domains are about 8 or 9 bucks. Companies are very concerned with their online images.

I'd give my idea some serious consideration, unless all you really want to do is badmouth them on forums. If they believe you are serious about launching a website, I suspect they will take far greater notice, and choose to do the right thing...if only for the wrong reasons.

BTW, the site name I mentioned comes up as available.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
acalliste
Canyon Carver

So your suggestion is that I register the domain, then call them and say hey I just thought you'd like to know about this website I have now to share my customer service experience with your company?
Old 06-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

To share your experiences, and let others tell of theirs.

If they think you're going to start a movement, they'll fix your car. Trust me, for them, it's the cheaper option. Consider it hush money. They will.

You can order the domain, and park it for free (so they know you really registered it).

Just tell them the site is currently in development, and should debut soon. I'm sure they have a recording on the phone system saying that the call may be recorded for quality assurance. Be sure to tell the rep you speak with that you are doing the same on your end of the call.

Tell them you're considering sponsors like J.D.Power, et al.

Be creative.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Damn. Remind me never to rip you off.

Ok, that is something to look at for sure. I don't know if I have enough rage in me to go through with it though.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

One day, I'll write a book; I once conned a con that had conned me, and got all my shit back. The stuff of movie plots.

Social engineering. It works. They us it on us, it's only fair.

When you call, tell them you'd like to give them one last chance to make this right, and do the right thing. They made something faulty. Running away from that is cowardly.

Cowardice looks really bad on the Internet. Remind them.