Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Well heres the latest, th elease kind of says we cant use the deposit for rent, however he hasnt given us receipts for the last several months so he doesnt get a penny untill we get that.

Heres where it gets good. he leaves me a voice mail yesterday making several threats. First he accuses me of tampering with his mail, he has no proof and threatened to talk to his lawyer, so we went to the post office and precinct and filed reports including the fact he owns the house but does not reside there, next he says we better not damage anything before we leave, so I know his spies are def listening to us(the trailer park trash living downstairs) then he yells at me for not answering the door the other day when he knocked, I was sleeping since I do work nights, he did wake me up but I chose to roll back over and try to sleep but he banged on the door 4 or 5 times in an hrs span. lastly he puts a full garbage can right up by my car door as a reminder the garbage has to go out. So I promptly moved it tothe front lawn as a decorative piece untill last night when we put it out front for pick up.

today he gets an earful from me, first off hes never heard me go off or raise my voice so this will def startle him, I will call him out on his accusations and tell him to follow through on it so he looks like an even bigger asshole when hes proven wrong, and lastly I will tell him if he keeps up his games I will report him to the county, the local FD (he thinks they have more power than they actualy do, my dads a local volunteer fireman) as well as the IRS because i am sure hes not reporting this on his taxes since we pay in cash.

I will let him decide how he wants to handle this, if hes an ass about it I will tell him to try to evict us and we will stay there as long as we can, or he can take keep the deposit, we leave in mid june and we both move on.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #22
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

sounds like you definitely need to get out of there.

You're a better person than me, had he left a trash can that close to my car it would have been emptied on top of his car. Along with skunk spray or any animal urine I could find.
I've never actually had a bad landlord. Only probs I ever had while renting were from other tenants.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

we def do, I will also allude to the garbage can thing and that its not wise for him to do stuff like that. I woul dlove to stoop to his level and realy fuck around but i realy dont need this blowing up on me down the road.

His problem is he likes people who arent that educated and have to rely on him so he has them by the balls. He cant handle people who are smarter than him, are independent and can think for themselves. In th epast hes made threats that he will sell the house and we will all be on our own. I called him on it and told him go ahead. I have back up plans for stuff like that anyway.

Now the guy upstairs is asmart guy whos doing his thing and doesnt take his crap so of course he wants to get him out. the Ex gf of the guy who died is now going to rent the place so he can push her around and she will do work around the house for him and he has a drinking buddy in her so in his eys shes ok.

Def a very bizzare situation but I figure in under 2 months, hopefully sooner were gone and he will still have his miserable situation.

tom
Old 04-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #24
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

What a f*cked up situation. Do your best not to lose your temper...that's where I'd have a big problem...I know.

Good luck getting out of there man.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
What a f*cked up situation. Do your best not to lose your temper...that's where I'd have a big problem...I know.

Good luck getting out of there man.
Thats why its better to confront him over the phone. Although I could just physically intimidate him that prolly wouldnt go well in the long run. I will make my threats over the phone and let him figure out what he wants to do from there.

Tom
Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #26
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Tommy, record the conversation - if just so it keeps you in check. I know it works well with me. Besides, then you can listen to it and really recall what was discussed.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Tommy, record the conversation - if just so it keeps you in check. I know it works well with me. Besides, then you can listen to it and really recall what was discussed.
can yo udo that on a cell phone?

Tom
Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #28
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Worst case; do it on speakerphone. You're in luck too, because NY is a "one party" State, so it can even be used in evidence during legal action.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #29
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Since he's already threatening legal action make sure you abide by all the laws and your lease. If it actually happens you will look like a much better person having not stooped to his level of games an BS. Don't threaten him or do anything stupid no matter how ridiculous his actions or words are he's just trying to instigate. Be the bigger man. Best of luck to you, it's only for a short time.....

by the way, I'm saying a little thank-you in my head right now for the wonderful tenant I have.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #30
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
Since he's already threatening legal action make sure you abide by all the laws and your lease. If it actually happens you will look like a much better person having not stooped to his level of games an BS. Don't threaten him or do anything stupid no matter how ridiculous his actions or words are he's just trying to instigate. Be the bigger man. Best of luck to you, it's only for a short time.....

by the way, I'm saying a little thank-you in my head right now for the wonderful tenant I have.
The only threats Iwill be making are more in a legal sense def not anything physical. I will call him on th email tampering thing, tell him go ahead and investigate since I never did anything he claims. Also that if he wants to threaten me with legal action I will gladly return the favor. Karen and the lawyer at work are going over the lease and the situation right now so we know what we can or cant do.

Tom