Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #31
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Fayetteville definitely doesn't surprise me.
yeah it was an interesting place. was at Ft Bragg for two years.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

How is it that a few of you can keep it at work? Don't most businesses have a posting that you can't have weapons on the premises?
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #33
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
How is it that a few of you can keep it at work? Don't most businesses have a posting that you can't have weapons on the premises?
Can't speak for these guys, but my comfy corporate office job put me in contact with some very dangerous people. Very, very dangerous people. Since my company A) Wouldn't let me use a fake name when I dealt with them B) did nothing to protect me and C) Wouldn't so much as let me carry a pocket knife (I almost got fired for having a Spyderco), I just started carrying my 1911 .45 in my bag or lunch box (and I wore my Spyderco as a boot knife).

Since then, Texas has determined that employers do not have the legal right to keep people from carrying a firearm in their car onto the company parking lot. But, I'm assuming you could still get fired for it, just not arrested or cited.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I understand that. My point is just that even if every single person there was a threat to him when they were going down the road, at that point in time they are no longer a threat to him. Him stopping to confront everyone turns the tables on who the threat is.
I don't understand how a motorcycle is a threat at all to a cage. The car would just knock it out of the way. He was just being a douche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #35
t-homo
WSB Champion

I figured he was a cruiser fag or something, even more pathetic that he was in a car.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I figured he was a cruiser fag or something, even more pathetic that he was in a car.
no, they are their own moving weapons, they don't need a gun. Just more alcohol from their saddlebags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #37
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Racedoll...in Pa, your work place is the only place other than home where you can conceal a weapon "on or about your person" without a license. Many work places do state that no weapons are allowed. I currently work for the government. We are not allowed to have weapons in the State capitol building (which I don't think they can legally enforce, but that's another thread...)

When I worked at the local abc tv affiliate they also had a no weapon policy. But to be honest, had I owned a gun when I worked there I woulda carried. I worked overnights and was in really bad parts of town by myself with hundreds of thousands of dollars in video gear. To me, that would have been worth violating the company policy.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #38
CasterTroy

Quote:

Small southern engineering office with only 7 employee's

We're all pretty much cut from the same mold with the same values....and pretty much all have a gun in our filing cabinets.

Zombies ya know
Old 04-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #39
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
First no , Most businesses do not have such postings. Next there is more than a little indication that such postings are illegal. Yes I know of some ruling that have up held them but there remains a serious question of the individuals rights being infringed upon and several courts have ruled that since a car or locked brief case is the property of the individual the business does not have jurisdiction over the private property. (CHECK YOUR STATE)
I am aware that at least one of the posts was written buy someone who is responsible for the security of others and their company would consider him derelict if he wasn't armed.
I am technically in private practice and contract to state DOC agencies (one of them MA has some of the most prohibitive firearms law in the nation) I have concealed carry permits and as a rule choose to Practice at least 50 miles from my home as a measure of personal security. I carry only in the Leased office Space in the Corrections Centers I do not have to, There is already a Security Force present.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #40
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
First no , Most businesses do not have such postings. Next there is more than a little indication that such postings are illegal. Yes I know of some ruling that have up held them but there remains a serious question of the individuals rights being infringed upon and several courts have ruled that since a car or locked brief case is the property of the individual the business does not have jurisdiction over the private property. (CHECK YOUR STATE)
I am aware that at least one of the posts was written buy someone who is responsible for the security of others and their company would consider him derelict if he wasn't armed.
I am technically in private practice and contract to state DOC agencies (one of them MA has some of the most prohibitive firearms law in the nation) I have concealed carry permits and as a rule choose to Practice at least 50 miles from my home as a measure of personal security. I carry only in the Leased office Space in the Corrections Centers I do not have to, There is already a Security Force present.
I don't know if it is legal or not but my employer has a no weapons policy. You're not even allowed to have a weapon in your car while it is on the property.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote