Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #31
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Sorry if I missed it but do they not have yearly state safety inspections in Georgia ? They have them here in NC so no need for this BS as far as making sure everything works on the bike. They don't check my helmet...that's the only thing I see that's different.

I think these "checkpoints" are BS and as stated...just a revenue generator.
This is just going to piss me off. Im glad they havent started it yet in North GA. but when they do ill probably just be one of those riders that flip the bird and ride on by them fuckers. Screw exiting the interstate to get checked for my own safety. Hell they dont know shit about safety on a bike. I have no problem with a possible yearly inspection like they do with vehicles in states that require emissions testing. But im not going to pull the hell over for some asshole cop thats getting paid with my tax money to check and see if my bike is safe for me. I can do that on my own. Screw that stuff.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 03-06-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #32
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Forgot about the pull off style... see I have never had to deal with one... they are illegal in michigan. The pull off style I may not stop for... what they going to do, come after you? Then say what? You tell them "according to the US Supreme court, that checkpoints are illegal and unconstitutional". Then he fights you on it. Pricks!

Regular road block style... I will stop, cause I have to, but I will not co-operate like a sheep. I will not answer questions, you will not get any of my paperwork, you will not check my (50 state street legal) pipes, you will not ask me to operate my turns or brake lights, no you can not check my (DOT) helmet, and no you can not see my ID. They will have to give me a direct law that I'm breaking as to why they are detaining me. Then the law it is, better be a first offense (pull over-able violation). Then if I get off my bike, I will shut it off, and lock the steering.

If I was in a car for a checkpoint, I wouldn't even lower my window more than 2"-3". Also, if you are asked to get out with valid reason, shut off your car, get out, lock it, and put the keys in your pocket, then tell the cop you do not authorize a search of the car or for an officer to operate it.

Always Remember... the Nazi's had check points too!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #33
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
This is just going to piss me off. Im glad they havent started it yet in North GA. but when they do ill probably just be one of those riders that flip the bird and ride on by them fuckers. Screw exiting the interstate to get checked for my own safety. Hell they dont know shit about safety on a bike. I have no problem with a possible yearly inspection like they do with vehicles in states that require emissions testing. But im not going to pull the hell over for some asshole cop thats getting paid with my tax money to check and see if my bike is safe for me. I can do that on my own. Screw that stuff.
I'm a pussy, all my stuff is in order. I'm gonna stop and not get cited for contempt of cop and have to make my way 1/2 way across country to fight a stupid BS ticket on traffic court.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Lt. Colonel McDonough said the checkpoints will operate in the same manner as passenger vehicle safety checks conducted each day across the state.
say what?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #35
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Exactly. If it was about safety and not money, they would setup checkpoints up in the mountains, where most people are actually riding. That's where I do 95% of my riding these days, thankfully...so I don't expect to run into one of these BS checkpoints.
I disagree, people running in the mountains like you are more likely to have gear on and be properly licensed for operation. they maintain their machine at a level equal to the riding style. limited access highway is more useful for the guy who found a bike cheap, doesn't maintain it, doesn't need a license as long as he knows what he's doing etc.

if you're gonna look to give out tickets you want to go where violaters are. most violations in the mountains would be speeding or passing, they already have patrol cars for that.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #36
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
I disagree, people running in the mountains like you are more likely to have gear on and be properly licensed for operation. they maintain their machine at a level equal to the riding style. limited access highway is more useful for the guy who found a bike cheap, doesn't maintain it, doesn't need a license as long as he knows what he's doing etc.

if you're gonna look to give out tickets you want to go where violaters are. most violations in the mountains would be speeding or passing, they already have patrol cars for that.
Then they should set up in the inner city
Old 03-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #37
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Then they should set up in the inner city
They do in NYC, just pull over all the clowns in icon gear or the wannabe bulletproof vests
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #38
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
They do in NYC, just pull over all the clowns in icon gear or the wannabe bulletproof vests
Oh; the chrome beanie sportbike crowd.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #39
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Oh; the chrome beanie sportbike crowd.
I fogot that part, but yeah, now the in thing is wearing a cool looking back protector but nothing else, guess its a small step in the right direction.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #40
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I fogot that part, but yeah, now the in thing is wearing a cool looking back protector but nothing else, guess its a small step in the right direction.

yep got those running around here to.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote