Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #31
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Should have disconnected your speedo sensor and/or odometer sensor/cable. DUHHHHHHHH! LOL
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #32
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Actually, almost all speedos tend to read about 5% fast. I remember a consumer reports article on exactly this. You were certainly within the margin of error, and had you merely had your "lawyer" call and mention this fact, I'd bet that they would have very rapidly backpeddled from their position.
I have free counsel through wifey. Her and a BBB complaint yielded zilch. After chasing it for countless hours and nearly popping a vein, I found a part on flea bay and had another Nissan dealer install it. Totally different experience working with them.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #33
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Should have disconnected your speedo sensor and/or odometer sensor/cable. DUHHHHHHHH! LOL
Speedometer cable? Maybe if I had an 84 Camaro.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #34
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Speedometer cable? Maybe if I had an 84 Camaro.
HEY! Cables are still nice to have. I've had more electrical things break than mechanical. Which makes that scenerio
Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #35
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I have free counsel through wifey. Her and a BBB complaint yielded zilch. After chasing it for countless hours and nearly popping a vein, I found a part on flea bay and had another Nissan dealer install it. Totally different experience working with them.
Letters. Registered letters. Serious fucking business. Makes them take notice.

Nowadays, if someone actually generates paper, instead of calling, texting, or emailing, they assume you're fucking serious.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #36
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

When I started this thread yesterday, it was a quick post made from my phone. Here is a more detailed time line of what happened:

1. I called the dealer and spoke with whoever in service answered the phone. They told me to call Nissan Consumer Affairs (1-800-NISSAN1)

2. I called NCA, and told whoever eventually answered the situation and they opened a ticket/case and said someone would call me back within 24 hours.

3. No one called me back after a week, so I called again. They said someone had tried to call me back two days after my initial call and there was no one at that number by my name. We compared phone numbers, determined that they did have my correct number, so whoever called dialed the wrong number and put no more effort into contacting me. So, another message was sent to that department to ask them to try to call me again. This time I gave an additional phone number for them in case they needed it.

4. Two days later they called me back and that person asked me how many Nissans I've owned, where I took this one for service, etc etc. Then she said if they were able to help me it would be just to reimburse me for what I paid to get the truck fixed. But she would have to run it by her supervisor for approval.

5. Yesterday she called me back and said they couldn't help because I was over the mileage limit. Thank you for your business, goodbye.

So, that's where I was left with it. I really wasn't expecting them to just tell me to piss off. I am pretty disappointed, not just because now I have to figure it out for myself (that isn't such a big deal, esp in light of the link Dave so kindly found), but because it sucks to learn that your business doesn't mean anything. The fact that I am currently a Nissan customer/owner means absolutely nothing to Nissan apparently.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #37
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post

Nowadays, if someone actually generates paper, instead of calling, texting, or emailing, they assume you're fucking serious.
Paper with cc to bbb works too

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #38
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

So its just your fuel level not working? Have you ever used your trip meter to know how many miles you usually get on a tank? Its just like a motorcycle. Stay within a given mileage and fill up. My fuel level hasnt worked correctly in almost a decade.

Or just suck it up and just have it fixed and move on. Life lesson learned.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #39
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It doesn't malfunction all the time though. It comes and goes, within the same trip. Every now and then the gauge goes to E and the light comes on. The DTE might read 0 or -------- or sometimes still give a number, whatever it feels like doing at the time. But I've started to reset one of the trip meters with each fuel up. It gets about 350 miles to a tank.

Obviously I'm going to get it fixed. But I'm also going to b!tch about the lousy customer service. What life lesson have I learned here that I didn't already know? Companies tend to do as little as possible and don't give a crap about their customers. That doesn't make it right.

Last edited by acalliste; 06-25-2011 at 10:15 AM..
acalliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #40
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It doesn't malfunction all the time though. It comes and goes, within the same trip. Every now and then the gauge goes to E and the light comes on. The DTE might read 0 or -------- or sometimes still give a number, whatever it feels like doing at the time. But I've started to reset one of the trip meters with each fuel up. It gets about 350 miles to a tank.

Obviously I'm going to get it fixed. But I'm also going to b!tch about the lousy customer service. What life lesson have I learned here that I didn't already know? Companies tend to do as little as possible and don't give a crap about their customers. That doesn't make it right.
You're first paragraph sounds like the problem the previous generation of Corvettes experienced. You *may* luck out and by adding a fuel injector cleaner.

Here's a link I found
http://www.gmforum.com/archive/index.php?t-231321.html

"Toms94" wrote
My guess is that this is the same issue that the other GM products have. According to a GM tech, GM has come out with a Fuel system additive. Here is the info I found:

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS, Fuel Sending Unit Corrosion and Fuel System Deposits #05-00-89-078 - (Nov 9, 2005)

2006 and Prior All GM Cars and Trucks

2003-2006 HUMMER H2

2006 HUMMER H3

2006 and Prior Saturn (Canada Only)

2005-2006 Saab 9-7X

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS
GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS, P/N 88861011 (for U.S. ACDelco®, use 88861013) (in Canada, 88861012), is now available.

Added Benefits and Uses
The PLUS portion of GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS is the addition of a filmer additive that, when used regularly, can protect fuel system sending units from the corrosive effects of certain sulfur contaminants found in some of today's gasoline.

Sulfur contamination can disrupt electrical continuity of certain fuel sending units and lead to erratic or false fuel gauge readings. With scheduled usage, GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS protects against the effects of harmful sulfurs in gasoline.

You Get Four Benefits
One bottle of GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS added to the fuel tank at each oil change:

• Cleans -- Sulfur corrosion from fuel gauge sending units.

• Prevents -- Harmful sulfur components from attacking sensitive fuel system electronics.

• Protects -- By coating metallic surfaces of the fuel system.

• Removes -- Engine deposits left from use of poor quality fuels.

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS will replace the original GM Fuel System Treatment, P/N 12345104 (in Canada, 89020804). The original formula may still be available for a limited time, and provides the excellent Fuel System Cleaning aspects of the new product without the filmer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would also call Nissan back and let them know that you will NEVER consider owning or renting another Nissan product ever again plus will tell every one what a miserable company they are to deal with due to them not fixing a know problem.

May not get you anywhere but you might feel better.

Good luck
Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote