Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #31
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Could you post up a link to your phone? The one you sent my via text didn't load the page for me.
She's a beauty...

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #32
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I've done the opposite recently. I don't really have anything bad to say about AT&T in general, but I switched because I kept having problems with calls being dropped or people being sent straight to voicemail when they called without me knowing. There would be periods of about a week during each month where I would try to call out and would have my call fail. According to AT&T tech support, I should be in a really good area, but at least one week a month I'd have god awful service and would barely be able to receive a call or make one. I had the problem with three different styles of phone, so it wasn't a phone issue.

I know it doesn't happen to everyone, so take this as anecdotal. I know a few people in the area who experience the same problem. I switched to Verizon (got the Blackberry Storm) and I haven't had that problem at all.
I've had the same experience. Been with verizon for years, switched to AT&T and switched right back.

I had nothing but dropped calls, network busy, and non-ringing incoming calls with AT&T.

Verizon has been hands down reliable for me with a semi-decent lineup of phone.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #33
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I love my friggin iPhone.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #34
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

It should be noted that I checked out the specs on the storm, went and played with a demo version and while it seemed slow I guessed that it had been abused and could still be a great phone.

Walked out the door with the Storm for 100 bucks after the mail in rebate. I am very happy with it. The sales person hooked it up to my e-mail and moved my contacts for me and I was off. Now that I used a couple of tutorial videos I have been able to enjoy it.

As usual, I am glad I stated a thread before making any choices.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #35
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
It should be noted that I checked out the specs on the storm, went and played with a demo version and while it seemed slow I guessed that it had been abused and could still be a great phone.

Walked out the door with the Storm for 100 bucks after the mail in rebate. I am very happy with it. The sales person hooked it up to my e-mail and moved my contacts for me and I was off. Now that I used a couple of tutorial videos I have been able to enjoy it.

As usual, I am glad I stated a thread before making any choices.
Congrats man. It's a sweet phone. If you got any questions or help with the phone, throw a PM my way and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Do you know if your phone has already been upgraded to the latest firmware?

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #36
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
Congrats man. It's a sweet phone. If you got any questions or help with the phone, throw a PM my way and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Do you know if your phone has already been upgraded to the latest firmware?
Yes I believe it has been. The salesman told me it might need to be updated and I had remembered what you told me. It checked for updates and said none were available. So I assume all is well. I also deleted the Verizone Navigation program since I won't be subscribing to it, and I was told it would help speed the phone up.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #37
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Yes I believe it has been. The salesman told me it might need to be updated and I had remembered what you told me. It checked for updates and said none were available. So I assume all is well. I also deleted the Verizone Navigation program since I won't be subscribing to it, and I was told it would help speed the phone up.
There's something like a gig of internal memory in addition to the 8 gig microSD card that should have come with the phone, so I don't think that program would impact things much. Though I did the same anyway, as well as deleted the Documents to Go thing. I'm sure it's a nice program and all that shit, but I have no desire to store, open, or edit Word or Excel docs on my phone anytime soon. And Brickbreaker got the axe also. Just isn't as much fun on the touch screen.

If you haven't already, play the Word Mole game that comes with it a few times. It's decent enough fun, but it helps tremendously in getting you accustomed to using the touch screen and being pretty quick on it.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #38
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Quote:
There's something like a gig of internal memory in addition to the 8 gig microSD card that should have come with the phone, so I don't think that program would impact things much. Though I did the same anyway, as well as deleted the Documents to Go thing. I'm sure it's a nice program and all that shit, but I have no desire to store, open, or edit Word or Excel docs on my phone anytime soon. And Brickbreaker got the axe also. Just isn't as much fun on the touch screen.

If you haven't already, play the Word Mole game that comes with it a few times. It's decent enough fun, but it helps tremendously in getting you accustomed to using the touch screen and being pretty quick on it.

Thanks, I also rid of the brick breaker thing right away. I may go ahead and rid of the programs on the go too, I don't see the need anytime soon and I can always down load the program again if I wanted.

Is there a way to watch video on youtube and such? I have loaded the site but the videos don't show up.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #39
Corey
AMA Supersport

Youtube works fine on my phone. You may want to check your settings and see if java is enabled on your browser. Enable the java settings and see if that works for you.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:55 AM   #40
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Which one? The omnia seems to be getting better reviews than both the storm and iphone right now and thats one of samsungs newest phones.
Yep that is it. Knew it was some funky name... the phone rocks in many aspects but sucks in so many other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How do you figure?
Very cafeully by carring both a verizon and a sprint for years. Further, due to my dealings with verizon via my bro who has them. They charge for every little bit and their tech support sucks.

The only thing they have that is better. Is service in northern michigan.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote