Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #41
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Everybody is always an expert and everyone's shit is ALWAYS better than what everyone else has. Such is the rule of the INTERNET.
Except this one is true, look it up. Corporations are shutting down plasma lines and no longer making a lot of sizes they use to make. It's reached it's end of life. No joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #42
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Except this one is true, look it up. Corporations are shutting down plasma lines and no longer making a lot of sizes they use to make. It's reached it's end of life. No joke.
So?

Really, I don't know that I've ever owned a TV for 5 years.... there is always some new technology or function that comes out and I want the new stuff So, for someone to say that it's going to be gone in 5 years - that doesn't necessarily turn me off to it.

I'm still looking - I don't impulse buy.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #43
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Who cares about lifespans or how new the technology is, how does that really affect you? Either you like the picture or you don't.

This argument is kind of like bikes, you guys will buy a new one only 2-3 years from now, yet you argue about what brand of oil to use.

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-11-2009 at 08:39 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #44
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Because everyone has to be super fantasticly awesome and be on the cutting edge of technology so they look cool to their friends and internet peoplez who have never met them.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #45
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
So?

Really, I don't know that I've ever owned a TV for 5 years.... there is always some new technology or function that comes out and I want the new stuff So, for someone to say that it's going to be gone in 5 years - that doesn't necessarily turn me off to it.

I'm still looking - I don't impulse buy.
Find what you like and is in the price range you want, you asked for advice so I gave it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Who cares about lifespans or how new the technology is, how does that really affect you? Either you like the picture or you don't.

This argument is kind of like bikes, you guys will buy a new one only 2-3 years from now, yet you argue about what brand of oil to use.
TV geeks and electrical geeks in general. This is a discussion forum, we discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Because everyone has to be super fantasticly awesome and be on the cutting edge of technology so they look cool to their friends and internet peoplez who have never met them.
I like to read up on the stuff, I went into electrical engineering for pete's sake. The new tech in electrical world is something I regularly study. I get a pay check for learning about the electrical world.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #46
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Find what you like and is in the price range you want, you asked for advice so I gave it to you.

TV geeks and electrical geeks in general. This is a discussion forum, we discuss.

I like to read up on the stuff, I went into electrical engineering for pete's sake. The new tech in electrical world is something I regularly study. I get a pay check for learning about the electrical world.
As usual, Trip - you and I were discussing. Some others, not so much. I do appreciate knowing what's out there. I have an LCD right now that I'm very happy with - and will probably go with another one just because of THAT.

Thank you, everyone, for your input....

Come Play at the Track!!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #47
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
As usual, Trip - you and I were discussing. Some others, not so much. I do appreciate knowing what's out there. I have an LCD right now that I'm very happy with - and will probably go with another one just because of THAT.

You gonna get it before next Tuesday?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #48
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I am picky when I buy a TV, if I were to buy right now I would probably go Samsung LED 240Hz with the internal wifi built in. I don't like to be a bargain shopper when it comes to my TV watching cause I am much more a visual person than an audio one. I usually save money by not purchasing surround sound or going for a cheap one or reusing old ones or stealing my dads.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Boy I hope you're not referring to me... I said basically what Trip said. I thought that I tried to be "nice"... at least for me anyway.

Anyway, I think that everyone has valid points. Who keeps a tv for any significant period of time anymore? Heck, who buys anything thinking that they'll have it forever? Shit, people don't even get married forever anymore! I can see how not buying a plasma because it's old tech would be like not buying an internal combustion car because electric cars are coming out.

The oldest thing I own is my stereo with is all Rotel and Boston Acoustics. I bought it in 1995 while I was recuperating from reconstruction surgery on my hands. I know intellectually that a $300 Sony receiver/surround sound will probably out perform this 10 piece, $10,000 tower of components and speakers but I'll never let it go as long as it works.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #50
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Boy I hope you're not referring to me...
Hey Betty, it's not always about you

Oh, and your old...

Come Play at the Track!!