Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #51
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Of course it is up to them but, as this thread illustrates, that doesn't really matter. You believe Nissan has fallen short in this case. My original question for you still stands, at what point (age, mileage) do you look at this scenario and believe that it is no longer Nissan's responsibility?
I never said they fell short of anything. Show your work.

I offered advice to compel them to take care of the issue.

You're a seriously fucked up unit.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #52
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I'd be happy if they just gave me the part. Find a neighbor that is mechanically inclined and screw him. He'll fix anything you want.

My husband can fix it. That's what he does for a living. And yeah, he'll get some for it.

Quote:
It took a day to work through their internal process. The actual thinking about it part was probably closer to 5 seconds of that.
And based on what? See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
It really depends on the specific part involved, and whether or not it's rare for such a part to go bad after X number of years. I'd say it's VERY rare for a fuel sending unit to go out, no matter HOW old a car is. Therefore, I would be all over their shit if I were her.

On the other hand if my 02 sensors or wheel bearings or valve cover gaskets went bad right after the warranty expired, I'd consider those "tough luck", since those are very common breakdowns.

Exactly.

--

Allow me to paint the picture a little more clearly.

When this first came up, I wasn't expecting to get it warrantied. I called my husband, described the symptoms (as I was at lunch from work at the time) and he said it was the FSU. He was working, but made a few quick calls (I think to Advance Auto Parts and a Nissan parts dept) and texted me back that it was over $300 for the part, not available aftermarket, at least that he knew of from a quick check.

I then started googling to see if I could find a better price on the part, and found lots of other people who had the same issue, so much so that Nissan responded by extending the warranty on the part and repair.

So, I called the dealer where I bought the truck, and who just had it for an oil change 2 weeks before. They looked it up and said yeah there was a tech bulletin on it and an extension on the warranty, but you were at 73k mikes when you were here for your oil change. Call Nissan and see if they can help, here's the number. This was the first bit of encouragement I got that maybe it could be covered.

When I call NCA the first person I talked to assessed my situation and said it was likely they would help, as it was only 2k miles over. And someone would call me back within 24 hours. That was the second and more positive encouragement I got that they would help.

When they did call me back, it was 48 hours, and they called the wrong number.

When someone eventually did call me back to discuss the case, the main concern seemed to be how Nissany I was. And when they called back the next day it was just No. Have a nice day.

My issue is not with the part failure, or that it went bad in what amounts to probably 4-6 weeks outside the warranty limit. I didn't go into this looking for a handout, I expected to buy the part and my SO would fix it.

The issue I now have is that the help is apparently there and available for some people if they meet certain criteria including your level of Nissaniness. Being a customer and current Nissan owner isn't important enough.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #53
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
My husband can fix it. That's what he does for a living. And yeah, he'll get some for it.

Exactly.

--

Allow me to paint the picture a little more clearly.

When this first came up, I wasn't expecting to get it warrantied. I called my husband, described the symptoms (as I was at lunch from work at the time) and he said it was the FSU. He was working, but made a few quick calls (I think to Advance Auto Parts and a Nissan parts dept) and texted me back that it was over $300 for the part, not available aftermarket, at least that he knew of from a quick check.

I then started googling to see if I could find a better price on the part, and found lots of other people who had the same issue, so much so that Nissan responded by extending the warranty on the part and repair.

So, I called the dealer where I bought the truck, and who just had it for an oil change 2 weeks before. They looked it up and said yeah there was a tech bulletin on it and an extension on the warranty, but you were at 73k mikes when you were here for your oil change. Call Nissan and see if they can help, here's the number. This was the first bit of encouragement I got that maybe it could be covered.

When I call NCA the first person I talked to assessed my situation and said it was likely they would help, as it was only 2k miles over. And someone would call me back within 24 hours. That was the second and more positive encouragement I got that they would help.

When they did call me back, it was 48 hours, and they called the wrong number.

When someone eventually did call me back to discuss the case, the main concern seemed to be how Nissany I was. And when they called back the next day it was just No. Have a nice day.

My issue is not with the part failure, or that it went bad in what amounts to probably 4-6 weeks outside the warranty limit. I didn't go into this looking for a handout, I expected to buy the part and my SO would fix it.

The issue I now have is that the help is apparently there and available for some people if they meet certain criteria including your level of Nissaniness. Being a customer and current Nissan owner isn't important enough.
I have a problem with the same part. I don't have a problem with them not covering it, but when you ask how many Nissans you have owned before giving an answer looks really bad. And if anything the one owner is someone you should replace that part for. Someone that is on the 4th or 5th Nissan is more then likely going to buy another one even if you don't pay for that repair. That is as question that should not have been asked.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #54
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I never said they fell short of anything. Show your work.

I offered advice to compel them to take care of the issue.
Quote:
What the conservative mind (black/white) is incapable of understanding:

Yes; while the warranty is the LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT that compels a company that makes something DEFECTIVE to fix it, there's these things called MORALS, and SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, and GOOD MARKETING, and CUSTOMER SERVICE that suggests that telling your customers to go piss up a fucking rope after you sold them ADMITTEDLY DEFECTIVE SHIT is perhaps not the best thing to do, from a HUMAN PERSPECTIVE, regardless of the technicalities of the WARRANTY.

Leveraging that REALITY as a consumer, is called BEING SMART.
I can't imagine where I ever would have gotten the idea you believe they fell short.

Quote:
You're a seriously fucked up unit.
I guess I'll just have to try and live with that.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #55
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Nothing, that is why I wrote "probably".
Old 06-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #56
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
I can't imagine where I ever would have gotten the idea you believe they fell short.
I didn't voice a single personal opinion on the subject, merely the rationale behind why they might be made to think it was not in their best interests to NOT fix it (because pssst: She wants her truck fixed).

Quote:
I guess I'll just have to try and live with that.
It's probably the least of what you have to live with, being you.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #57
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

It's funny when bystanders bitch more than the OP.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #58
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I didn't voice a single personal opinion on the subject, merely the rationale behind why they might be made to think it was not in their best interests to NOT fix it (because pssst: She wants her truck fixed).
So you don't believe it?

Quote:
It's probably the least of what you have to live with, being you.
Its really pretty easy.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #59
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
So you don't believe it?
My opinion doesn't really fucking matter here, does it? I was just trying to help another forum member.

Quote:
Its really pretty easy.
Not shocked at all, actually.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #60
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
It's funny when bystanders bitch more than the OP.
It's even funnier when instead of helping, people just act like dicks.

No, wait. It isn't now, is it?