Old 12-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #51
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
LOL look at Rae all pissy

not pissy, quoting truth. *sniff*

and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I guess its a good thing we arent having the rally in TN then huh?
Not for me, I could save a ton of money switching to AT&T and an iPhone with my TVA discount and a bundle with my AT&T home service, AT&T DSL, and Dish Net, but the fuckers won't put up towers where I need them. I am not talking about the gap because verizon doesn't even work there. I am talking I can't get 3G at home just regular GSM and i dont get service at all once I leave the interstate on the way to work all the way to work. Basically where I need service for emergency reasons, the damn thing doesn't work in the half the places. GHEY!!! So I am stuck with Verizon til AT&T gets off their ass.

There is one Apple fanboy at work that had to have the iphone, so he has a cheap verizon phone with the bare minimum just to have an emergency phone. That's apple dedication.

iPhone will come to Verizon eventually, I am hoping the deal runs out this year and it's announced at macworld next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 12-29-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #53
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
iPhone will come to Verizon eventually, I am hoping the deal runs out this year and it's announced at macworld next month.
now that would be interesting... all our company phones are through Verizon so it's a PIT for me to expense my phone through AT&T.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #54
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
now that would be interesting... all our company phones are through Verizon so it's a PIT for me to expense my phone through AT&T.
It's coming regardless of AT&T wanting it to or not, it will either come in the form of a CDMA phone or when LTE starts to become the norm and there is no more CDMA/GSM war. It's just a matter of years or months. I don't think we will get an iphone CDMA this year unless Apple really throws a curveball at macworld, but it's looking more and more a reality for 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #55
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I switched from Verizon to Cingular long before iPhone, and I'm so glad I did. Verizon gave me bad service and overcharged. ATT leaves me alone and gives me money for dropped calls.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #56
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Bottom line is this..

its hard to say that any of them are better or worse cause we all live too far apart. Suck here may not be suck there.

Plus I can attest that I know people that don't know how to deal with biz.

Take for example my chevy dealer. I love them and they take care of me. My bro took his chevy truck there... said they were rude, and gave him shit.

I have never had that but my bro is nitorious for having more problems. He just doesn't handle customer service well. So that alters people's perspective on dealing with any company.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #57
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

From what I have seen AT&T and Verizon are actually pretty close with Verizon having slightly better service. I have Verizon and have stuck with them because I ride solo a lot and prefer having a phone that works well in weird locations. Of course my phone is an old school 4year old flip phone and I disabled text messaging.

But I will say if you are going to switch don't switch for a phone. 2 years from now AT&T will no longer have the Macdaddy phone and it'll be Verizon with it. Or who knows maybe even Metro PCS. The cell phone companies are becoming so competitive now who knows what will become in 2+ years.

Now when you do leave you are going to get some crazy offers that are worth taking. My buddy was going to leave Sprint/Nextel for Verizon but then they knocked his payment down and gave him two brand new top of the line phones for free. So he stayed.