Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R
Default UPS blows goats

I ordered some new boots and gloves from Motorcycle Superstore, and the package was scheduled for delivery on April 22nd. I tracked the package, and it was scanned in Doraville (30 mins away) on the 21st, so I thought all was well. Well, here it is the 24th, and the last tracking info was the arrival scan at Doraville. I just filed a lost package claim, which I'm sure will be handled in a timely, efficient manner (read extreme sarcasm). Is there any service industry that is worth an ounce of piss anymore? I won't even get started on my current lawn service. I want to donkey punch someone right now.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Did you call their customer service line ? Give 'em hell, it helps and has always worked like a charm for me.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
I ordered some new boots and gloves from Motorcycle Superstore, and the package was scheduled for delivery on April 22nd. I tracked the package, and it was scanned in Doraville (30 mins away) on the 21st, so I thought all was well. Well, here it is the 24th, and the last tracking info was the arrival scan at Doraville. I just filed a lost package claim, which I'm sure will be handled in a timely, efficient manner (read extreme sarcasm). Is there any service industry that is worth an ounce of piss anymore? I won't even get started on my current lawn service. I want to donkey punch someone right now.

depending on how it was sent it may still be in transit and not lost, their updating just sucks...my pucks were sposed to be delivered 4/18...scanned at last location 4/15 and didnt show up till 4/22...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

UPS is a hell of a lot better than Fed Ex. Fed Ex sucks camel nuts

I traded some early triple parts with a guy in CA for some later parts that I needed. My stuff was shipped on a tuesday from my work in PA using UPS. He shipped the same day from his work using Fed Ex.

Both boxes were scheduled for delivery the following monday. His showed up on time using UPS. Mine was delayed repeatedly until thursday . Twice it was shown on the website as being "undeliverable, no one available to sign". Shipping is open from 6am to 5:30 pm every week day.

Then like a dumb ass, I ordered some fishing stuff from Bass Pro which was sent FED EX. My wife watched the Fed Ex truck pull up outside my house, the driver make a note on his clip board and drive off.

I checked the website and the mother fucker wrote " no one home to sign" . My house is 30' from the road with a concrete walkway right up to the front door.

Fed Ex can go bankrupt for all I care
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
depending on how it was sent it may still be in transit and not lost, their updating just sucks...my pucks were sposed to be delivered 4/18...scanned at last location 4/15 and didnt show up till 4/22...
I hope like hell that's the case. Damn shame it takes longer to travel the last 30 miles than is did to get from Oregon to Atlanta. I've had a few bad days, and this is just the icing on the cake.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I've had trouble with both....but generally they are both ok in this area.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I've had good luck with both. Sux to have issues though...everytime I order something I cross my fingers that this won't be MY time like I hear people on the net complain about. So far so good.

My lawn guy is good too.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

The ratio of good to bad FedEx/UPS/USPS experiences for me is probably 100:1. For every 100 things I've had shipped or have shipped myself, only 1 got fucked up. 1% risk is acceptable to me.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The ratio of good to bad FedEx/UPS/USPS experiences for me is probably 100:1. For every 100 things I've had shipped or have shipped myself, only 1 got fucked up. 1% risk is acceptable to me.
No shit.. I've NEVER had a problem with any shipping company.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No shit.. I've NEVER had a problem with any shipping company.
I use UPS and the last two packages have been sent to my "billing" instead of "shipping" address. I guess UPS has created a subsidary with the USPS that will combine shipping through UPS and then to a PO BOX. I didn't know that they did this.... It's still as fast as UPS shipping... I was quite pleased. We work with FED EX at the store here and I haven't been impressed at all. The express guy won't pick up our packages to go out unless we ask him to or put them in his hands..... I try to advoid FED EX. Most of the stuff that Cutty has coming for the bike, I noticed comes FED EX... So I don't think he has had an issue with them.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote