Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Default Company Morale and Wellness Programs

What, if anything, does your company do to promote morale within the company and overall wellness of the employees?

Do you have a gym onsite, or do they have a program set up with area gyms for corporate discounts?

Do they have healthy food options in the vending machines or cafeteria?

Do they encourage community service and/or volunteer work (and if so, do they offer any paid time off to do this work)?

Is there any sort of peer recognition program, in which employees can 'nominate' their peers for a job well done, or for going the extra mile?

Does your company do any "biggest loser" type programs to encourage weightloss and fitness?

What other kinds of things does your company do to make the work environment one that people WANT to come to, and to promote the health and overall wellness?

And if your company DOESN'T do anything along these lines, what sorts of things (OTHER than "more money") would make your work environment a better one?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

My company has a weight loss competition 3 times a year ....every 4 months. The top male & female get $500 and the other top 10 overall weight losers get a $50 gift certificate to WalMart. It's a Useless competition to me since I'm a weight lifter....weight loss isn't a goal I'm concerned with.....according to their charts for my age, height and weight, I'm morbidly obese. What a joke....muscle weighs more than fat !
Old 04-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

My company doesn't do any of that horseshit... We recognize top branches within the division during quarterly conference calls. On the same calls one or two lower level managers are recognized for going above and beyond... At the bottom we run promos every single day to keep people on the phones motivated... Health is not a top priority within our organization.

Personally, I prefer it that way. I've seen douchebags who do a halfass job win coveted awards and people who really deserve it (not necessarily me) never even get considered... I don't need a bunch of awards on my bookshelf and on my wall to know I'm doing a good job... In fact, I use them as book ends and you cannot even see them to read them... fuck 'em.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

morale
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

They call it "going to the bar"

That's it. No fucking thank you, I see enough of those people at work. I'm going to ride!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #6
Rider
Moto GP Star

There is too much shit to list.... They do a lot here.. They better cause the pay sucks...
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

We get $50 gift certificates for meeting Quarterly Rate, Yield & Operating Efficiency goals. Also at the end of the year, if there were no OSHA recordable injuries in the plant, each employee gets a $500 gift certificate to WalMart.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #8
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
There is too much shit to list.... They do a lot here.. They better cause the pay sucks...
List it, fuckwad... this is important info!! I'm doin research here!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:53 AM   #9
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

My company does alot of that stuff. We get discount on gym membership. We get a big ass ice cream freezer during sweeps (our ratings period), They have weight loss comps...although I don't know the prize, and anyone can nominate anyone else for Employee of the Month....which gets you a little cash.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
Rider
Moto GP Star

I get discounts on gym membership, Universal studios (We own it), cars, I get GE appliances at cost, we have a small gym on site, we get cash bonuses for good ideas, be get yearly profit sharing bonuses, we have huge chirstmas parties and summer picnics, we have occasional car shows(owned by the emplyees), we have engineering week where there is food and contests and givaways every day. They bring in a blood back 4 times a year so we can donate on company time. I work my own hours and come and go as I please.
A tome more stuff but that all I can think of right now.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote