Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Dave!!!!!!!!

Man, how in the fuck do you network a PS3 into your laptop? On my computer, it wants an 8 digit code for "Media Extender" and on the PS3 it's looking for "Media Center"... What am I missing here? I'm sure that it's obvious as hell!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

hold up, as im understanding what you are saying you are trying to access the ps3 via its wireless? thats not gonna work. you need to use wmp11 or tversity.

heres a good thread on basic setup with wmp11 but hes kinda technical.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...e.uid=29329912

my laptop's hd has failed so i went around the whole media server process and have a 40gig external hd formatted in fat32 (via swissknife tools) and plug it directly to the ps3 via the usb ports for ps3 friendly media. anything else we play with the gf's acer aspire one through a vga + audio cable.

i'll see if i can find an easier step by step link for you tonight. im getting a bigger hd for the ps3 for christmas so sometime thereafter im going to attempt to ressurect my lappy and i'll probably be able to give first hand knowledge again.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

actually, if i find some time tonight i'll try and link the gf's lappy up to the ps3. feel free to txt me with any other questions you come up with. assuming you still have my # that is
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
actually, if i find some time tonight i'll try and link the gf's lappy up to the ps3. feel free to txt me with any other questions you come up with. assuming you still have my # that is

Aw fuck it I'm streaming between my 2 laptops, my gf's twp laptops and my PS3. I got pictures, music etc...for the most part..Now I'm running into problems networking my printer using my Vista laptop as the print server and printing files from my Windows 7 Alienware laptop. It keeps telling my that the printer is "off line", I'm afraid that it's a Vista-7 compatibility issue.

The topper was how I kept knocking the blue tooth keyboard off of the Vista laptop...I have that laptop under the printer.

I don't know.. I got streaming to work, so I'm satisfied!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

It's all good! I realized that I can stream content directly to my TV with a wireless LAN adapter so I did that and it's all good since the goal was to wirelessly get music to my stereo from my laptops and pics to my tv. FWIW I also got all of my computers to stream to my PS3 as well...