Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Sound Shooting advice & Words of Wisdom

Got this in an email today, most of these are old and probably a repost. Too bad

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is part drill instructor, and part standup comic (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ).

Here are a few of his observation on tactics, firearms, self defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shooting, you should be loading. If you're not loading, you should be moving, if you're not moving, someone's going cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for."

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good.."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be exciting.."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom.......

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, there is something wrong with your tactics.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware of the man who only has one gun, because he probably knows how to use it very well.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
This one cracks me up every time I hear it.

Fuck 9 mils and 40's.

".45 ACP- When you care enough to send the very best."

Shit, I should make that into a tee shirt, and sell it at gun shows.

JC
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I concur
Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Since the gun people have gone fucking ape shit and jacked ammo prices out of the roof. 9 is fun for target practice without spending a grand on ammo each time if you want to shoot a lot. If you can even find fucking ammo nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
Amorok
Issukangitok

Well if that's what you want, shoot 22lr
Old 01-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Well if that's what you want, shoot 22lr
good point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
This one cracks me up every time I hear it.

Fuck 9 mils and 40's.

".45 ACP- When you care enough to send the very best."

Shit, I should make that into a tee shirt, and sell it at gun shows.

JC

I dissagree, with good 9mm ammo, depending upon your needs, try the 115 to 135 gr. range. Whether it be the Corbon 115 JHP I use, or Federal, Remington, Winchester, Pro Load, Black Hills or Gold Dot, you're probably as well armed with your 9mm as you would be with a .40 S&W.

As a matter of fact, there is quite a bit of evidence around showing a superior 9mm round will often perform as well as, or better than, many popular .45 ACP cartridges. Imagine that.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
Amorok
Issukangitok

Whatever, pansy
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I haven't seen some of those Derf

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #10
derf
token jewboy

If i can find 9mm ammo, its less than $15/50, 45ACP is closer to $50/50

Practice makes perfect, and i can fire a ton more 9mm instead of 45, and I'm also able to reaquire targets shot after shot with a 9mm than with a 45