The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4
Default Here we go again....

http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...=KPBZ&etn=0008

Issued by The National Weather Service
Pittsburgh, PA
11:22 am EST, Wed., Feb. 24, 2010
"
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 AM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 AM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAYS SEVERE WINTER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR ACROSS THESE COUNTIES DURING THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. SNOWFALL WILL BE HEAVY AND ACCOMPANIED BY GUSTY WINDS THAT WILL ALSO CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS MAY START ACROSS THE AREA THIS EVENING... BUT WIDESPREAD SNOWS WILL NOT START TO ACCUMULATE UNTIL LATE TONIGHT AND THURSDAY. BY FRIDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAYS MANY AREAS CAN HAVE MORE THAN 8 INCHES OF SNOWFALL. BY SATURDAY MORNING... SOME RIDGE TOP AREAS CAN HAVE SNOW TOTALS OF OVER 15 INCHES. WINDS GUSTING TO 40 MPH THURSDAY AND FRIDAY WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW... ADDING TO THIS WINTER STORM HAZARD.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW PLUS BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW PLUS BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS.

ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY."

We just started melting the roof ice dams.... now we're gonna get another foot or so........now calling for "hurricane force winds and "very significant snowfall" in the higher elevations..........
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

yeah, everyone around here is running around like their heads are on fire because of one of these alerts. I keep pointing out that we have yet to have one actually come through this season.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

All I can say is, better you than us.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
OTB
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
All I can say is, better you than us.
Thank you SO much.......
Old 02-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Yeah, great. It's almost March. I'm ready to ride, not shovel.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

woo hoo great nor easter
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Thank you SO much.......
No offense but it's nice to see someone else get the snow for a change. Take cover, stay warm, and enjoy your time inside with family.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
No offense but it's nice to see someone else get the snow for a change. Take cover, stay warm, and enjoy your time inside with family.
eff time inside. SNOWMOBILE time

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
OTB
The Man

Quote:

Doesn't work that way...I'm a teacher...we have no "Liberal Leave" policy...gotta go to work even when school is cancelled. During the last big blow, I got docked pay and a letter in my file because I didn't show up even when they went to "Stage III" snow emergency...no vehicles on road but emergency, fire and police.....
Old 02-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Doesn't work that way...I'm a teacher...we have no "Liberal Leave" policy...gotta go to work even when school is cancelled. During the last big blow, I got docked pay and a letter in my file because I didn't show up even when they went to "Stage III" snow emergency...no vehicles on road but emergency, fire and police.....
Dang, brother. Thats rough. Wife hates when school is closed...but only because they have to make up the days. She prefers the 2 hour delay.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote