Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom
Default OMG, dish customer support sucks!!!

I'm so fucking pissed right now. I had dish installed back in November. They were supposed to come back out in two weeks and mount it on a pole. They said it would be two weeks because they had to have utilities checked and marked. I never went out and checked, never needed to.

Went out this weekend to mow my yard and see that the dish is on a concrete block. There were flags from each of the utility companies by the dish, one flag each which tells me there were no utility lines.

So I call dish and get the runaround that it's been over 90 days, so they want to charge me $15 to have the dish mounted on a pole. Um, no, I'm not paying squat. It should have been done and it wasn't.

I don't go out in my backyard in the winter, as I have no reason to. I don't smoke, I don't have pets, I don't have to mow, no reason to go out there.

This dumb bitch puts me on hold to talk to her supervisor 3 times. I kept telling her there are two options. Either you let ME talk to the supervisor, or you get this done for free. Period, end of story. She kept telling me her supervisor wouldn't authorize it to be done for free. I told her to stop talking and let me talk to the supervisor. She kept trying to talk. Told her to shut up and put the supervisor on the phone. Told her the only words I wanted to hear out of her mouth were, "I'm sorry for the problems, it will be done and we won't charge you" or "Just a few moments, I'll get my supervisor on the phone."

She finally puts the supervisor on the phone and he tells me it can't be done. I go through the same shit with him, and tell him he better put someone on the phone who can authorize this to be done without me paying, because I'm not paying squat, but it WILL get done.

He says there is nothing in the notes that says it was suppose to be done (same thing the dumb bitch told me), so he can't do anything about it. I ask him, "well, do you think that maybe that's why it didn't get done? If your people didn't put it in the notes, then it would have been forgotten. If it was never suppose to be done, why would there be flags marking the utilities for a dish to be left on a concrete block?"

He then says he'll check my account for the work order. You mean you didn't fucking check before you told me you couldn't do anything? You just looked at "notes"? Shock and surprise, there was a request for the utilities to be marked. So, after 40 minutes of arguing back and forth that it was suppose to be done, they're finally going to do it and not charge me for it because they can now tell that it should have been done. Fucking numbnuts.

Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-11-2010 at 01:26 PM..
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I am lost here. Do you mean the dish was supposed to be mounted on a utility pole? Why wasn't it mounted to your roof like every other house I've ever seen? Is there a cable from your house to a utility pole already as to why you wanted it mounted there?

And was it working? So what if it's on a concrete block or a pole. You don't look at it anyways. LOL

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Dude I went through the same thing with Dish Network, only for not as long as you.

My house is completely covered in huge trees so my only option was to have it mounted on a pole in my front yard by the street. They put it up on the temporary stand with concrete blocks, and said they'd be back out. Two weeks, nothing. I called and bitched and bitched and finally got someone sent out to put the pole in.

They sent one poor black dude with a little bitty shovel. He had to dig the trench to the house with that lil shovel as well as dig the hole. Took that bastard 6 hours to do it, and it sucked up my whole day. What a pain in the ass.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

What kind of pole is this? Theirs, or the utility's?

Why can't they just inspect your house and tell you sorry, you can't be a customer because we can't service you adequately?

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-11-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
WTF company is this?

Why don't they just inspect your house and tell you sorry they can't service you adequately?
In my case, they did, so I got cable. I was extremely unsatisfied with the cable so 6 months later I called Dish again and they agreed to do a pole mount for free.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 04-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Dude I went through the same thing with Dish Network, only for not as long as you.

My house is completely covered in huge trees so my only option was to have it mounted on a pole in my front yard by the street. They put it up on the temporary stand with concrete blocks, and said they'd be back out. Two weeks, nothing. I called and bitched and bitched and finally got someone sent out to put the pole in.

They sent one poor black dude with a little bitty shovel. He had to dig the trench to the house with that lil shovel as well as dig the hole. Took that bastard 6 hours to do it, and it sucked up my whole day. What a pain in the ass.
WOW!!! Did he sing "Old Man River" the whole time he was working? Or maybe, "Swing Low Sweet Chariot"? How about, "Days Never Finished, Master Got Me Working. Someday Master Set Me Free"...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
In my case, they did, so I got cable. I was extremely unsatisfied with the cable so 6 months later I called Dish again and they agreed to do a pole mount for free.
on an existing utility pole, or a pole they themselves install?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
WOW!!! Did he sing "Old Man River" the whole time he was working? Or maybe, "Swing Low Sweet Chariot"? How about, "Days Never Finished, Master Got Me Working. Someday Master Set Me Free"...
Haha, no but that would've been awesome. No, it was really shitty of Dish Network. I can't believe they sent him out with just that little bitty shovel. I kept offering to help him, to make him some food or just give him some water. But he was stoic and just kept right at it.

Then he looked at my daughter and I had to whip him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
on an existing utility pole, or a pole they themselves install?
They bring their own pole. The dish is probably about 5' tall when mounted on the pole. Its funny how this "dish on a pole" thing seems like some new concept to you. haha
Old 04-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Well a 5' tall pole isn't even worth mentioning. Might as well just leave it on the concrete blocks.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice
Well a 5' tall pole isn't even worth mentioning. Might as well just leave it on the concrete blocks.
F that. I don't want concrete blocks sitting in my yard with a dish sitting on them. It looks shitty. And I don't want it on the roof either. Sure, lots of houses have them on roofs without leak issues, but I don't want to bolt the dish down to my roof. The fact of the matter is they said they'd mount it on a pole and they didn't. Then they wanted me to pay for something they were supposed to have done for free in the first place. Is it that difficult to understand? Maybe you should work for dish customer support.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote