Default Interesting oopsie

I wonder how this is going to play out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...al_cancer.html
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

OMG! so he goes through painful surgery twice and still dies? Yeah I would be suing for that one.

Have to admit when I saw the title and your name under it I thought.

Oh shit we're all going to have be his alibi for something. Nah he was in wis that night. yeah yeah that's it. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I am curious to see exactly whos at fault. their lawyer plays it up like they took a kidney riddled with tumors and just threw it in his body.

Seems like the other hospital got off the hook when they didnt have to release the ladys medical records.

I am not sure its soley the surgeons fault on this, but I dont know what screening was done and how much they did ot ensure it was a healthy organ.

ur hospital does kidney transplants too so I am def going to ask around some when I see the transplant guys.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I dont know why they would tell him that he couldn't die of uterine cancer if they place cancerous uterine cells in his body. Those cells metastasize and can affect other organs which is why they were on a kidney to begin with. I'm not a doctor and I know that.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I dont know why they would tell him that he couldn't die of uterine cancer if they place cancerous uterine cells in his body. Those cells metastasize and can affect other organs which is why they were on a kidney to begin with. I'm not a doctor and I know that.
Probably doesnt help being on the cyclosporins and stuff to shut down your immune system. I wonder if that helped speed up the process. Gotta do some research on uterine CA to see where it likes to go.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
The way I read it they didn't tell him anything before putting the kidney in him. He and his wife only found out some time after the operation.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
The way I read it they didn't tell him anything before putting the kidney in him. He and his wife only found out some time after the operation.
I am wondering who knew what/how much at the time of the surgery. Did the surgeons have all the info on the donor patient, was some of it witheld or they just figured screw it lets oprerate anyway he doesnt have a uterus.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
Rider
Moto GP Star

Note to self: Never accept a transplant from anyone.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

Wow!

How the heck did that one slip by? She died of Cancer for God's sake, how could you even donate an organ of someone who died of cancer? Someone seriously screwed up.

They are supposed to be very picky about whether they will use an organ or not based on tests are they not? I know when Shon died they did not use his lungs because of something that popped up on a test. ( think it had something to do with being on the ventilator too long?)
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
Wow!

How the heck did that one slip by? She died of Cancer for God's sake, how could you even donate an organ of someone who died of cancer? Someone seriously screwed up.

They are supposed to be very picky about whether they will use an organ or not based on tests are they not? I know when Shon died they did not use his lungs because of something that popped up on a test. ( think it had something to do with being on the ventilator too long?)
You would think so, thats why I am curious as to where the true blame lies. When the lawsuits pop up they go after the places with the deepest pockets, not necessarily whos truly at fault.

From what the article said they dont harvest organs from cancer patients so its strange how this one slipped through.