Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Theyrae still working on that?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
AquaPython
put it THIS way

this stuff is 09. is there any recent update on progress?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

On-live is actually out. The library is a joke, but it apparently does work. But its no substitute for a console.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
On-live is actually out. The library is a joke, but it apparently does work. But its no substitute for a console.
I wouldn't be so sure about that... Their library sucks for sure, but the idea is the future of gaming IMHO... just like Netflix streaming movies and your cable provider's on demand service... They just went live in June... if it doesn't catch on with them, someone else will do it.

Think of the potential in the future... Instead of buying a crap game, you can pay a monthly fee and play any game you want whenever you want. Game makers could be paid on a volume basis - number of hours played. Think of what Bungie could have made if they made money on the original Halo based on the number of hours played... No worries about piracy either... And the best games will make considerably more money, whereas the crap games will make considerably less than they currently do... more motivation for game makers to evolve and produce better games.

I could seriously see this wiping out the console market if it works as well as they say it does... Why would I want another peice of clunky equipment when all I need is a small USB interface and a controller? Less desk space, considerably more portable, etc, etc...

Beyond that... PC gamers? Who the fuck wants to invest thousands of dollars every couple of years in a new gaming machine? I think this thing could convert even the most hardcore of hardcore PC gamers...

Mark my words... this IS the future of gaming.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I dont want to have to be online to play a game. Having to have steam on just to play is a pain in the ass as is.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that... Their library sucks for sure, but the idea is the future of gaming IMHO... just like Netflix streaming movies and your cable provider's on demand service... They just went live in June... if it doesn't catch on with them, someone else will do it.

Think of the potential in the future... Instead of buying a crap game, you can pay a monthly fee and play any game you want whenever you want. Game makers could be paid on a volume basis - number of hours played. Think of what Bungie could have made if they made money on the original Halo based on the number of hours played... No worries about piracy either... And the best games will make considerably more money, whereas the crap games will make considerably less than they currently do... more motivation for game makers to evolve and produce better games.

I could seriously see this wiping out the console market if it works as well as they say it does... Why would I want another peice of clunky equipment when all I need is a small USB interface and a controller? Less desk space, considerably more portable, etc, etc...

Beyond that... PC gamers? Who the fuck wants to invest thousands of dollars every couple of years in a new gaming machine? I think this thing could convert even the most hardcore of hardcore PC gamers...

Mark my words... this IS the future of gaming.
Individual property rights or a hell of rentals and microtransactions? No thanks.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I dont want to have to be online to play a game. Having to have steam on just to play is a pain in the ass as is.
Why? My connection is always on... With 3-4G cell phones, we have access everywhere.

I fail to see how having this system would be more of a pain in the ass than any of the current systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Individual property rights or a hell of rentals and microtransactions? No thanks.
Uh, how about a flat montly fee... fuck buying games. I have games that I've bought and only played for an hour... You get sick of a game, there's potentially an endless supply at your finger tips.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Why? My connection is always on... With 3-4G cell phones, we have access everywhere.

I fail to see how having this system would be more of a pain in the ass than any of the current systems.

Uh, how about a flat montly fee... fuck buying games. I have games that I've bought and only played for an hour... You get sick of a game, there's potentially an endless supply at your finger tips.
I still play games that I bought TWENTY YEARS AGO. Fuck giving up my library for someone elses that is constantly held for ransom under what I'm sure will be variable contracts subject to change without notice. No property, no rights. It may be more convienient but its very very stupid

Shit titles can be sold or traded, they still have potential value. That service is a black hole for money
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

How are you suppose to play when you dont have a connection? I want to just turn on my machine. I dont want to have to logon. I dont give a shit about others stats. You havegto be online to go offline in steam. Retarded.