Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
t-homo
WSB Champion

Default Lost my phone.

Ok so my phone is officially fucked after last night. We had all been drinking and were about to go swimming so we were standing on the dock. Well i was about to take my phone and shit out of my pocket and jump in when a girl just pushed me in. I grabbed onto a post to try not to fall it, swung around it, lost my grip, hit the dock, then the water. Saved my beer, then remembered my phone. It wont even try to turn on this morning.

Now I'm looking for a new phone. What is supposed to be the best phone out at this point. I was looking at the Motorola Q earlier and want something comparable to that. Not the i-phone though.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Ok so my phone is officially fucked after last night. We had all been drinking and were about to go swimming so we were standing on the dock. Well i was about to take my phone and shit out of my pocket and jump in when a girl just pushed me in. I grabbed onto a post to try not to fall it, swung around it, lost my grip, hit the dock, then the water. Saved my beer, then remembered my phone. It wont even try to turn on this morning.

Now I'm looking for a new phone. What is supposed to be the best phone out at this point. I was looking at the Motorola Q earlier and want something comparable to that. Not the i-phone though.
Try taking the battery out and whatever else you can take out and just use a hair dryer on it. I dropped one of mine in a water a while back and just dried it out for a while then let it air dry some more and it turned back on.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

hope that chick let you :bump: ... but yea just take the battery out, let it dry. I did the same thing to mine a month ago....
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Define "best" phone.
Like, most indestructable? MIL-Spec from Verizon is good

Most high tech? idk, I hate techy phones, but I've heard bad things about the Q.

most user friendly? IDK, something simple.

I love mine, LG 8700. Sadly, they discontinued it. comonboys was sad too, she sold a lot of them.

Also, what carrier do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Rotary phones are making a comeback.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
t-homo
WSB Champion

I actually took this one in my hot tub over the winter and did the blow dryer thing and it worked. Second time around didn't turn out as well. It was a Moto SLVR. I'm considering high-tech blackberry style phones.

My service is through US Cellular. My contract will be up next may, and you can change phones or cancel it within 4 months of it ending without having to pay the early termination fee. I may be switching over to AT&T at that point so I think for now I will just get a decent phone, not a smart phone.

Here is one that looks pretty cool.

Last edited by t-homo; 06-21-2008 at 05:28 PM..
Old 06-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

I got my cell phone because of the 3MP camera. solely. Only thing i use a phone for other than that is calling and texting. anything else is a waste of time. people that consider phones a fashion trend need to step back to reality.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The thing I hate about Motorola's is the fact that they only hold up to 10 of your last dialed, recieved and missed calls. Week. My LG Shine has all the calls I made, received and missed from like June 12th (a shit load).

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
t-homo
WSB Champion

I text more than anything on my phone. Call some, but not a lot. Occasionally camera. Have to have bluetooth though. My dad has the AT&T Tilt ( http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku1060009 ) which has internet and a gps, which i have used both of and are really handy if you have it.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
The thing I hate about Motorola's is the fact that they only hold up to 10 of your last dialed, recieved and missed calls. Week. My LG Shine has all the calls I made, received and missed from like June 12th (a shit load).
yea, i like that about my phone. it has freakin calls from . umm. lets see. april 9th. wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I text more than anything on my phone. Call some, but not a lot. Occasionally camera. Have to have bluetooth though. My dad has the AT&T Tilt ( http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku1060009 ) which has internet and a gps, which i have used both of and are really handy if you have it.
please tell me you are not one of those guys walking around with his ear blinking blue.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote