Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default Nintendo Wii U, really?

Could be cool, interesting enough. Im a tech junkie, so I am interested, but im still not sure about that 'controller'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I like the idea of having your inventory, and pre-mapped buttons on it. It will beat having to bring up an items screen.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I like the idea of having your inventory, and pre-mapped buttons on it. It will beat having to bring up an items screen.
This is true. But imagine trying to play a shooter with that controller? Looks a little uncomfortable, especially compared to say, the 360 controller.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
This is true. But imagine trying to play a shooter with that controller? Looks a little uncomfortable, especially compared to say, the 360 controller.
I dunno. The Duke apologists ought to love it
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

So its a wireless Gameboy for a controller...why? May as well bring back the Powerglove.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Didn't they try this kind of functionality before with a cord to connect the Gameboy Advanced to the Gamecube? How will they keep costs down? How much is an additional controller going to set you back? And most importantly, who's going to give a fuck if Nintendo has the same lack luster third party game support? I'm past the point of giving a shit about another Mario, Zelda, Kirby, or Smash Brothers game. I still have a soft spot for Metroid, but that's not enough to justify another Nintendo console that will collect dust after a month.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
So its a wireless Gameboy for a controller...why? May as well bring back the Powerglove.

Not quite. I mean, yes, the controller functions as a handheld to play games, but the console is reported to be quite a bit more powerful than either the PS3 or 360, and supposedly plays games in true 1080p, which no console currently on the market can do.

I dont have a problem with the controller aside from button layout, but this is a next gen console, and doesn't have half the power of a modern gaming PC.

Seems Nintendo is putting themselves in the same position they did with the Wii, launching sub-par tech a year earlier than MS and Sony plan to get their new consoles out the door, at the price of no doubt hgaving much weaker tech. It worked for them with the Wii, but that doesnt mean it will this time. Neither the GC or the N64 were huge successes (though still profitable), so the chances on this are 50-50, as most of the 'casual gamers' who bought a Wii, may not be willing to upgrade to new tech.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Didn't they try this kind of functionality before with a cord to connect the Gameboy Advanced to the Gamecube? How will they keep costs down? How much is an additional controller going to set you back? And most importantly, who's going to give a fuck if Nintendo has the same lack luster third party game support? I'm past the point of giving a shit about another Mario, Zelda, Kirby, or Smash Brothers game. I still have a soft spot for Metroid, but that's not enough to justify another Nintendo console that will collect dust after a month.
It worked for them because they had a very different user interface with the wii-mote, and they also figured out really great ways of incorporating it into games. But I do agree, they are launching a less than revolutionary new console just to be first
Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

This is a new console? I thought it was just a controller. I'm unenthused as usual.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
This is a new console? I thought it was just a controller. I'm unenthused as usual.
Unless it had a Sony emblem on it, LOL
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote