Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1
Default Holy Scam...

Ok,
So i've been looking around at bikes since someone I know may be in the market soon. I've been looking at 04 to 06 R1's. I came across this "gem" on ebay. Note the sarcasm here.

It's an 06 Raven R1 with a buy it now for $2900. However if you buy it now, you have to send a $600 deposit instantly.

If you read the post, the sellers email is disabled by ebay. LMAO. So you have no way of contacting them. Thats great. I feel sorry for someone that falls for this. Anyone want to have some fun?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I flagged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Its listed as being in Holiday, and I live right near there. theres NO Raven R1s on the road here. NONE.

Oh yeah, I flagged that bitch too. hope they eventually get busted and have to serve next to bubba as his bitch.

Last edited by BobTheBiker; 07-28-2008 at 02:00 PM..
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

I just sent an email saying I lived in FL and wanted to see it in person.. No reply yet.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I just sent an email saying I lived in FL and wanted to see it in person.. No reply yet.
So did I. I said I have cash in hand and would like to come look at it. If it looked good, then I would buy it. LOL.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
Old 07-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

hey, he's like 5 miles from me, supposedly. if he agrees let me know. I'll show up quite gladly.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
hey, he's like 5 miles from me, supposedly. if he agrees let me know. I'll show up quite gladly.
Sounds good man. I'll let you know.

Wow. Ebay is fast. The listing has already been removed by them. I'm curious to see if we get any emails now from the original poster.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Ok, so I got an email back. Here is the scam this time. I think i'm going to have some fun with him

"Hello, Thank you for your interest in purchasing my bike.It is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage, Always garaged, Always covered. Everything about this bike functions perfectly. Incredible power, handling and reliability. If you are interested in buying, the price is $ 2,900 US. I had to move with my family in United Kingdom where I got a new job transfer. I brought the bike here with me but when I found out about the very high import duties and all the restrictions regarding registration and emissions tests here I've decided to sell the bike. I want to sell it in US because is still registered there. It is made for US market and has US specs on it. The buyer will receive it along with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it in his name. The transaction will be done through eBay for our own protection, no money first to me. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade. Your funds will be 100% insured by eBay until you will receive and inspect the bike, and I will be sure that I will receive the payment. You will have 10 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
If you want to buy my bike then e-mail me: Full name for the title, Shipping address
As soon as I have this information I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.Looking forward to hearing from you."

Old 07-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
Rider
Moto GP Star

His reply

Quote:
Hello,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my bike.It is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage, Always garaged, Always covered. Everything about this bike functions perfectly. Incredible power, handling and reliability. If you are interested in buying, the price is $ 2,900 US.
I had to move with my family in United Kingdom where I got a new job transfer. I brought the bike here with me but when I found out about the very high import duties and all the restrictions regarding registration and emissions tests here I've decided to sell the bike. I want to sell it in US because is still registered there. It is made for US market and has US specs on it. The buyer will receive it along with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it in his name.
The transaction will be done through eBay for our own protection, no money first to me. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade.
Your funds will be 100% insured by eBay until you will receive and inspect the bike, and I will be sure that I will receive the payment.
You will have 10 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you want to buy my bike then e-mail me:
Full name for the title,
Shipping address

As soon as I have this information I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
NeonspeedRT
At Large

At least he is consistant with his reply to both of us....