Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default Revolution - new tv show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI

Kinda looks like Postman meets Hunger Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I thought it was a movie the first few minutes but then the bad acting started.

I'm still pissed they cancelled Awake.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Looks ok, but I'd love to hear how they think car headlights would stop working. Sorry but an EMP blast wouldn't do that, and certinaly not worldwide even if it could.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Looks ok, but I'd love to hear how they think car headlights would stop working. Sorry but an EMP blast wouldn't do that, and certinaly not worldwide even if it could.
Depends on the EMP, a powerful one could melt the actual wiring and destroy the battery. Headlight would be done.

This looks to be going into more of a fictional physics issue though. See the scene with the magic necklace that produces electricity. I am guessing it's going to go into some kind of mystical bullshit like Lost did....
Old 05-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Depends on the EMP, a powerful one could melt the actual wiring and destroy the battery. Headlight would be done.
If it could do that, then wouldn't it also cause any electrically conductive material to get hot, even pennies? Somehow I can't see that happening.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
If it could do that, then wouldn't it also cause any electrically conductive material to get hot, even pennies? Somehow I can't see that happening.
If it's a powerful one, worrying about pennies getting hot is the least of your concern.

But yes, if you produce a strong EM field, you can heat up the metal that is near it.

Oddly, I sat in a big EM field this morning testing a generator core. I had to do a core loop test at one of the hydro generators. It's awesome to feel my old metal tooth fillings get warm. We have safety procedures to make sure we get anyone out of the area that has serious metal in their bodies away from the site while testing.

The whole point of the core loop test is to produce a magnetic field to heat up the stator core and find weakness by seeing hot spots in the heated metal of the core laminations.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If it's a powerful one, worrying about pennies getting hot is the least of your concern.

But yes, if you produce a strong EM field, you can heat up the metal that is near it.

Oddly, I sat in a big EM field this morning testing a generator core. I had to do a core loop test at one of the hydro generators. It's awesome to feel my old metal tooth fillings get warm. We have safety procedures to make sure we get anyone out of the area that has serious metal in their bodies away from the site while testing.

The whole point of the core loop test is to produce a magnetic field to heat up the stator core and find weakness by seeing hot spots in the heated metal of the core laminations.
I'm surprised OSHA, or your employer for that matter, allow you get be in a magnetic field of that strength. Not exactly good for the ol' body.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

No Skitters. No zombies.

I'd prefer if they made a TV series out of the Horseclans series of books.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
CasterTroy

Finally got around to watching the first 2 episodes on DVR last night.

Shitty acting, well except for "Miles Matheson" character. He's basically believable, and "Captain Tom Neville". They both sell themselves pretty well.

Everyone else seems as thought they were sourced from small town "little theater" or something.

Writing sucks ass. I'm no writer. And I can't tell you what sucks...but it sucks.

This show is basically The Walking Dead with more survivors and no Walkers.

I will keep DVRing it and get around to watching more episodes eventually, but for now it's awful.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Trip
Hold mah beer!

The universe would collapse if electrons stopped flowing normally. This show is dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!