Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet
Default Headed to the UK

For a quick weekend in July. I have one day in London- what can I see ?
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Big Ben. Parliament.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I did a 1 day trip to London in 06. Saw the changing of the guard, big Ben, parliament pickadilly square, and rode the London eye. Didn't have time for anything else
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
VatorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I did a 1 day trip to London in 06. Saw the changing of the guard, big Ben, parliament pickadilly square, and rode the London eye. Didn't have time for anything else
Sounds about what I thought. I did find an Australian shop I need to visit. I'm about out of Bundaberg.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

The Museum of Natural History, and Madame Tussauds. But, if you go to the Natural History museum, be prepared to spend the whole day. It is enormous.

Be sure to find a good fish n chip shop, and also get a Cornish pasty from one of the little carts that sell them. So delicious! OMG... I can't wait to get back over there.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
goof2
AMA Supersport

If you like museums there are far too many absolutely amazing ones to list. If you had more time I'd recommend the Imperial War Museum, but that would be all you would see. I could easily burn a full day at the London location plus another day at the Duxford location (where they keep most of their aircraft/vehicles).

The tube makes it very easy to get around. Depending on where you are staying change the order, but if you are fairly quick at each place you can do the Tower and Tower bridge, tube to Oxford Circus then walk to Carnaby Street down to Piccadilly Circus walk to Leicester Square then down to Trafalgar Square and over to Covent Garden, and after that tube to Knightsbridge for Harrods.

What are you interested in seeing (museums, art, famous locations, shopping, history)? You could spend a week doing each and still just scratch the surface.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
VatorMan

I extended my stay another day. I'll be visiting London July 3rd and 4th. Move to SIlverstone on the 5th for the GP and then back to Heathrow on July 8th. We fly out on the 9th. So while the wife is working I'll be at play.

Figured I'll get a shot of me in a America Kicks Ass shirt in front of Buckinham Palace on July 4th.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Are you going to the Formula 1? That's great!

I was that >< close to buying weekend passes to the Silverstone MotoGP for me and my son, when my daughter called and said she was expecting again, and due mid-July. So had to push my trip out a month so I'd be there for the new arrival.

Have fun!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
VatorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Are you going to the Formula 1? That's great!

I was that >< close to buying weekend passes to the Silverstone MotoGP for me and my son, when my daughter called and said she was expecting again, and due mid-July. So had to push my trip out a month so I'd be there for the new arrival.

Have fun!
Yup-Just bought tix. We are in the Luffield section. This will be my first F1 race.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #10
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Awesome! Hope you get decent weather.

Did you have to call to order your tickets? When I tried to buy the MotoGP tix online, I was told to call to buy them. So when I called they said I'd need to fax them proof of address and bank account or some crap. That threw me off, and besides not having anything I could fax to them on short notice (I was at work), I wanted to think about that and check into it. It seemed very odd. Then I found out I had to change my plans, so I never called them back.

Were you able to buy your tickets online?