Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i
Default You meet the nicest people...

...At the track (and on a Honda! haha... no seriously dude rides an '09 Repsol 1000RR). Seriously though, this past weekend was f'ing epic, and still blows my mind. So anyways, one of the other bike forums I'm on (private forum) had their annual forum trackday down at Jennings GP this past weekend. Even though there was a trackday a bunch of my buddies went to a lot closer the weekend before, I skipped out on that one to make it to this one, not only cuz I'd never been to Jennings before and wanted to try it out, but also cuz the guys from this particular forum helped me out a ton last year. About a year ago, my one dog Piggy was in need of hip surgery due to severe hip dysplasia in her left hip, and I simply could not afford it at the time. The guy that runs the site (also a huge dog lover) got wind of it and said he wanted to help out.... he started up a fundraiser thing on the forum and a bunch of people pitched in and he matched it (mind you I never once asked for a thing). When he first mentioned it I thought it would just be a few bucks to help out, but he ended up sending me not only more than enough to cover the surgery in full, but some left over to help out with the additional meds and physical therapy and everything after the surgery (I had to build a hydrotherapy pool). I was absolutely blown away by the generosity, especially considering I'd never once met any of these people in person before. So my reasoning for wanting to go to this trackday was not as much for the trackday itself, as it was that I just wanted to meet these guys in person and shake their hand and thank them in person for all their help with Piggys surgery (she's doing absolutely fantastic now, btw... zero issues with her hip anymore)

Anyways, I get down to the track about 9:30 pm friday night, not a ton of people but I meet a few from our group, we talked for awhile then I set up my tent and get some sleep. Saturday morning I meet everybody... we all get talking and ended up talking about trackdays and gear. I had mentioned that I've been having a lot of problems with my suit that I have not fitting right... it's too tight and I can't move, and it's affecting my body positioning, and mentioned I was planning on getting a custom suit made this winter sometime. One of the guys says, "I've got an extra one in my trailer, try it on see if it fits". I wasn't riding that day so he went out on the track, I tried the suit on, which fit me damn good. He comes back, asks "so how'd it fit??", and I tell him it feels pretty good. I was thinking he was just gonna let me borrow it for the day, but he really caught me off guard when he said "Great! It's yours... keep it". I literally stood there confused and looking around for a good 10 seconds before saying anything cuz I really didn't know what to say, haha... thinking to myself, "did he really just tell me to keep the suit?!?!". He said again... "I've got too much stuff piling up in my garage and need to make some room... you need one, you'll use it, it's yours". I proceeded to thank him about a million and a half times, lol. Mind you I'd never even met this guy in person before Friday night, so I really couldn't believe he just GAVE me a suit

But yea, this is the suit... not an old worn out beater, but rather a clean, like new condition Dainese 'Laguna Seca' 1pc.... NICE suit, and not exactly a cheap one either! LOL

Even has a mummy bag to keep it clean, and has the little bag with the leather cleaner and conditioners and everything too

But that's not all.... later in the day he says "hey I got a helmet I need to get rid of too... what size you wear??". So he digs it out and gives it to me to try on... fits good, he says once again... "Take it, it's yours". Once again... NICE stuff. It's a 2008 model RF-1000.... also like new condition and still in the helmet bag

Once again, I'm freakin' blown away by the generosity... I didn't expect him to give me any of this stuff. I tried to offer to pay him at least something for it, or at least buy him dinner or something, but he wasn't having it. Come to find out later from the guy that runs the site, this guy was also one of the main contributors to Piggys surgery fund last year (along with one of the other guys that was there as well). So yea, faith in humanity definitely restored this weekend. So good knowing there's at least some good people left out there that actually care about more than just themselves or $$ signs. Sooo happy I decided to go down to this trackday this weekend.... totally worth it! (and the 1,023 mile drive to get there and back, haha)

Even Riley liked the guy and wanted to get a pic in front of his bike, haha

BTW I rode in the suit sunday on the track... holy crap amazing difference a suit that actually fits right actually makes! I can MOVE!! Now I can actually work on my body position instead of constantly fighting my suit. Even got my knee down for the first time... twice! T'was a great weekend.... soooo thankful and blessed for good people in my life

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

There are still some pretty awesome people out there and it's great to meet them on occasion!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

WOW, thats a nice suit! and lid

awesome fella!
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Nicely done.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

You made out pretty good. Glad you had a great time.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

What the hell, you made me pay when I got the suit from you a few years back. by the way that old suit of yours is now my brothers and it is stuuck in barcelona with him because of the hurricane.

I really cant talk shit, I got a aerostich earlier in the year pretty much cost free

And yes you do meet (mostly) really chill people at the track
Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Wtf... Lucky bastard. I need to start hanging around a track. Lol
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote