Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 12-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R
Default Anyone have experience with salvage dealers?

I've just started browsing the salvage dealers online. Anyone ever deal with one? If so, how was the experience, etc?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

what are you looking to get kevin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Probably nothing, but I've got the itch for a track bitch (Really bad)
Old 12-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Probably nothing, but I've got the itch for a track bitch (Really bad)
Should have sent me a PM 2 weeks ago. My 08 750 was only 2440 buy back from the insurance company.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
ontwo
Designated Drinker

I saw yours, and I would have bought it. But I don't have the cash now. That is why I'm just starting to research the salvage dealers
Old 12-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Rider
Moto GP Star

If you are really interested I can get you the contact info for where they took the bike. I'm telling you, for under 5K you could have a brand new dedicated track bike. Only 2952 miles.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If you are really interested I can get you the contact info for where they took the bike. I'm telling you, for under 5K you could have a brand new dedicated track bike. Only 2952 miles.
Thanks man. I'm gonna wait til I actually have the $ in hand. That is a novel concept for me. I'm tired of borrowing for every little thing I want. Turning over a new leaf.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

hmmm, i cant remember the name of the place i used in north shitville when I bought the new engine for my honda, but they were GREAT!

Very helpful and friendly, I was such a newb back then I had no idea what I was doing.

I told them I wanted an engine, and he actually offered suggestions to make it easier for me. Example, he asked if I wanted a drop in or one I needed to work on, explained to me that he could get me one with EVERYTHING i needed to just drop in and connect her up as well as get it to me overnite for a small shipping fee. And I had my engine the next day. I would highly recommend them. I got a brand new engine, less than 25 miles for 1500 plus 85 shipped.

He told me back then that they get brand new stuff in all the time, bikes that have just fallen off trailers and been totalled and many bikes that are basically still good, but that the insurance companies have totaled and the riders dont know any better or dont want to buy back.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #9
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
hmmm, i cant remember the name of the place i used in north shitville when I bought the new engine for my honda, but they were GREAT!

Very helpful and friendly, I was such a newb back then I had no idea what I was doing.

I told them I wanted an engine, and he actually offered suggestions to make it easier for me. Example, he asked if I wanted a drop in or one I needed to work on, explained to me that he could get me one with EVERYTHING i needed to just drop in and connect her up as well as get it to me overnite for a small shipping fee. And I had my engine the next day. I would highly recommend them. I got a brand new engine, less than 25 miles for 1500 plus 85 shipped.

He told me back then that they get brand new stuff in all the time, bikes that have just fallen off trailers and been totalled and many bikes that are basically still good, but that the insurance companies have totaled and the riders dont know any better or dont want to buy back.
At least give me a city, and maybe I can find it
Old 12-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #10
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Your money would be better spent buying a used track bike that's already been sorted out. The money you drop into the bike, and then all the parts needed, will far outweigh the novelty of building it from a salvage.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote