Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Default F-ing ICE

Son of a bitch. Last week I slipped on some ice on a job site and pull some muscles or something in my right hand. That sucked but I will live.

Today I was on another job site greasing my machine and went to turn around. Slipped on some ice, as I did that I threw the battery operated grease gun. I hit the ground slamming my knee into the asphalt. Then slammed my left hand into the ice while bouncing my head off the asphalt. As my head rebounded off the frozen asphalt I started to wonder where the grease guuuuu....BANG. Fucking thing landed on the back of my head. I jumped up, brushed myself off and looked around to see if anyone was around to see. Nope I was good. I don't thing the home owner could see me on the other side of my machine.

Knee hurts when I lift it with my work boots on or when my kids come over and hit it.

About an hour after this happened I found a good little lump on the back of my head.

Fucking ice. Is it spring time yet?

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Sorry to hear you had a shitty day. I can't count the times I slipped on the ice, and the cold only magnifies the pain. Landing knee first doesn't make it anymore pleasent..
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Well its a good thing that you found the hematoma on your head. As much as it hurts, hematomas are a good sign that your brain is alright. If not i'd be worried about blood leaking inward.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Speaking of ice, ice that shit.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Well its a good thing that you found the hematoma on your head. As much as it hurts, hematomas are a good sign that your brain is alright. If not i'd be worried about blood leaking inward.....
Thats the first lump on my head in a long time if ever. I have taking some hits to the head (steal beams, asphalt, ski hill, glass, foot and the list goes on) No marks on the front of my head. Which I thought was good but you had to go and ruin it.

My knee hurts the most. They both were sore before I went down. I'm not looking forward to making another trip up stairs to go to bed.

Oh well. Lifes a bitch.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Speaking of ice, ice that shit.
It was cold as fuck today. Ice was the last thing I wanted near me. I did put some frozen juice on it at the store. Damn that hurt.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
That's a good point too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Thats the first lump on my head in a long time if ever. I have taking some hits to the head (steal beams, asphalt, ski hill, glass, foot and the list goes on) No marks on the front of my head. Which I thought was good but you had to go and ruin it.

James
You should be fine. I neglected to mention the time I fell flat on my back from slipping and hit my head pretty hard, and I had no complications. Your knee did take the initial blow, and I'm assuming you attempted to brace for impact from that point forward. Of course, If in doubt just take a trip to the doctor's office. No biggie.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

My knee hurts the most. They both were sore before I went down. I'm not looking forward to making another trip up stairs to go to bed.

Oh well. Lifes a bitch.

James

Well.... marks bad, hematoma good.

Lets say ohhh.... you lose balance and fall backwards playing tennis and slam your head into the concrete and blank out. If you dont have a hematoma and get dizzy or sick, the damage is inward and you should most likely go to the hospital. But in *cough* my case, i got a hematoma and the pressure was realesed outwards.

Use some bengay on the knee....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
That's a good point too.

You should be fine. I neglected to mention the time I fell flat on my back from slipping and hit my head pretty hard, and I had no complications. Your knee did take the initial blow, and I'm assuming you attempted to brace for impact from that point forward. Of course, If in doubt just take a trip to the doctor's office. No biggie.
I don't get hurt often when I slip. I'm good at protecting myself but this time they way I went down I wasn't able to. Hit my head good on the ground. I'm sure I will be fine. I think the face plant I did last year (or was it the year before, damn it must have been a hard it. ) skiing was harder and I'm still alive.

I can take a big hit and I always bounce right back up.

James
Old 01-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Well.... marks bad, hematoma good.

Lets say ohhh.... you lose balance and fall backwards playing tennis and slam your head into the concrete and blank out. If you dont have a hematoma and get dizzy or sick, the damage is inward. But in *cough* my case, i got a hematoma and the pressure was realesed outwards.
My head doesn't feel good. Hard ground normally does that to you. But I think I'm ok. This happened about 11-12 hours ago.

James