Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Default Worst vacation?

The wife and I just got back from the worst vacation we have ever been on... Negril, Jamaica. We have been to Jamaica before, but never Negril. The resort where we stayed (whom is owned by a HUGE chain, at which we have stayed on a different property before) BLOWS ASS CHUNKS as we found out, but we decided to try to make the best of it. We paid for an all-inclusive resort, but that is not what we received... mind you we paid a lot of cash for this place to ruin a vacation...

Some things that went wrong, as there are plenty more:

1. Our room was not made up for 3 days, as we had to call after 4pm each day to have it made up. Our floor was stained, our sheets were stained, and our bathtub was disgusting.

2. Infestation of ants throughout our room and bathroom that we had to take care of.

3. Shuttle transfer (which should have been included, but was not) was $50 from the airport to the resort, but $80 from the resort to the airport.

4. Missed lunch 2 days because no knowledge of food being served after lunch ends. (we were to receive a welcome packet/gifts as upon arrival, explaining meal times, food availability, and other needed information, but all we got were 2 room keys and a safe key)

5. Hounded by 3 different people, ON THE RESORT PROPERTY, selling weed, hash, cocaine, and x, for 4 days. (I just want to sit on the beach and drink)

6. Took 4 phone calls to maintenance and 24 hours to get the batteries in our remote control changed.

7. Talked to the hotel manager, and she replied with "I believe that MOST of the things you told me actually occurred".

The wife decided to write a letter to the company (she is good at this type of thing) outlining all the items that went wrong. Waiting on a response, and it better be a good one...

Have you guys ever had a horrible vacation that you paid GOOD money for?
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Was this a sandals resort?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Was this a sandals resort?
Bought by Sandals, but no affiliation other than that... so we found out...
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Nothing like that, when I go on vacation I try to always stay on a military base. Resorts are just money vacuums, I plan my own vacation activities.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #5
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I'm surprised you were only hounded by three people.

I spent about a month in Negril, and you couldn't turn around without somebody stalking you.

One dude followed us into a grocery store and insisted on "helping" us shop. I told the guy to piss off about 28 times, but he wouldn't go away. Then he demanded payment for his help since we "hired him". Yeah, right, like that's going to happen. Another guy followed us around while we were on scooters, trying to give us a "guided tour" we didn't want. We finally ditched him Starsky and Hutch style, in traffic.

Negril was just a constant barrage of scammers. I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there, and I was being PAID to be there.

JC
Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I have had better luck of getting decent beach vacations in the virgin islands. Last time I was in the St. Thomas/Tortola area this past november, the worst I got was taunting about Obama winning the election and we took a scooter all over the islands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

The wife and I have been lucky and NEVER had a bad vacation abroad...so far.

We've been to quite a few different places...

Canada/Cancun/Cozumel/St. Thomas/Hawaii and a few others.

We do have a vacation trip coming up in April that has the POTENTIAL of being our worst from a few things I have read about the crime/poverty situation...

San Juan, Puerto Rico
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Just remember, in Puerto Rico, traffic lights are merely a "suggestion".

I almost died there a few dozen times because I tried to drive "properly"... yikes!
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I'd have to rate my honeymoon as my worst vacation ever. Nothing wrong with the cruise or the stops in Cozumel or Key West, the problem was my wife. If I'd left her at home I could have enjoyed the cruise, but aside from her "motion sickness" from the time we left port (I couldn't even feel the boat moving) to her constant complaining I was pretty miserable the whole trip because she just couldn't be pleased with anything. It only got worse when we got home, but that's why I divorced her 1 1/2 yrs later too.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
Just remember, in Puerto Rico, traffic lights are merely a "suggestion".

I almost died there a few dozen times because I tried to drive "properly"... yikes!
Yes I've heard/read about that too !!

I've also heard to disregard Stop signs after midnight due to carjackings.

Sounds like this should be a blast!!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote