Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)
Default Gopro Camera help

While browsing REI's scratch and dent sale today I came across a GoPro camera. It's the normal one and on the tag it said "Will not advance and will not turn off". Which I wasn't sure what advance means and I figured I'd take the batteries out to turn it off. But for $35 I figured I'd give it a try and see if I can make it work. It is the wrist one but I guess the previous owner fell off a mountain or something and bumped the electronics.

I got two new AAAs in and threw in a memory card. It turns on and won't turn off like said. It starts in single mode and goes to the 3 consecutive but not any farther (I guess that's what they meant by won't advance). Now when in single mode it beeps but the red light that indicates it has taken a picture won't flash and it stays on "2".

If I took it apart would there be a possible fix? Or is there a way to do it through a computer. Maybe bang it with a stick or something?

If I can't then it's not a big deal but figured I'd try it. Atleast I have the wrist thing for my triathlon in May for swimming.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
While browsing REI's scratch and dent sale today I came across a GoPro camera. It's the normal one and on the tag it said "Will not advance and will not turn off". Which I wasn't sure what advance means and I figured I'd take the batteries out to turn it off. But for $35 I figured I'd give it a try and see if I can make it work. It is the wrist one but I guess the previous owner fell off a mountain or something and bumped the electronics.

I got two new AAAs in and threw in a memory card. It turns on and won't turn off like said. It starts in single mode and goes to the 3 consecutive but not any farther (I guess that's what they meant by won't advance). Now when in single mode it beeps but the red light that indicates it has taken a picture won't flash and it stays on "2".

If I took it apart would there be a possible fix? Or is there a way to do it through a computer. Maybe bang it with a stick or something?

If I can't then it's not a big deal but figured I'd try it. Atleast I have the wrist thing for my triathlon in May for swimming.

I'd call Go Pro and see if they'll do anything for you. I'm willing to bet that if you send it to them,they'll repair/replace it. Tell them you got it at Circuit City's GOOB sale and now it won't work. Of course,tell them you lost the receipt. I bet they'll do something for you. I wouldn't take it apart until you call them and give it a shot.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'd call Go Pro and see if they'll do anything for you. I'm willing to bet that if you send it to them,they'll repair/replace it. Tell them you got it at Circuit City's GOOB sale and now it won't work. Of course,tell them you lost the receipt. I bet they'll do something for you. I wouldn't take it apart until you call them and give it a shot.
Good idea. I'll try that
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Tigger. You are the man. Just got the camera back from Gopro and it's working!!! $35 plus $10 FTW!!!.

I did just realize that the info transfer thingy is missing so I need to find one of those. Gopro doesn't have any but I'm hoping Best Buy does.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Tigger. You are the man. Just got the camera back from Gopro and it's working!!! $35 plus $10 FTW!!!.

I did just realize that the info transfer thingy is missing so I need to find one of those. Gopro doesn't have any but I'm hoping Best Buy does.
You can just transfer the movies from the SD card just as well.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote