Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)
Default Marley and Me

I just watched Marley and Me. Holy freaking crap was that a sad movie. I cried like crazy. I'm not sure if that qualifies the loss a man card but if so they can have them. But I'm glad I watched it alone and not in a theatre or with a date.

If you haven't seen the movie. Go freaking see it.

That is all
Old 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

a man crying about a dog does not constitute removal of ones man card, unless that dog weighs less than thirty pounds full grown.

Thinking of all the dogs i've lost brings tears to my eyes, its not fair that something so loyal should only share 1/10th of your life.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
a man crying about a dog does not constitute removal of ones man card, unless that dog weighs less than thirty pounds full grown.

Thinking of all the dogs i've lost brings tears to my eyes, its not fair that something so loyal should only share 1/10th of your life.
So true
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
its not fair that something so loyal should only share 1/10th of your life.
So true.

I was watching it with my dog too and I about squeezed him to death. They also kept egging the pain on. Just when you thought it was over they kept on going. And even after the death they still went on with the letters and necklace and basically I removed all fluids from my body.

OH. CAN SOMEONE EDIT IN SPOILER IN THE TITLE. I FORGOT TO.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

I saw it too, totally sad flick.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

My mom wanted me to go see it with her a while back and I just told her I wouldn't because I already knew how it would end. Oddly enough she called today to let me know it wasn't half a fun as the ads made it seem.

I can watch a ton of movies without being emotional but sweet god if you put a loyal pet in it that just hits home.

Quote:

I think 20lbs should be the limit. Jack Russell Terriers aren't purse dogs but they aren't big either. My Dog Skip is a classic movie damnit.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler thread since its kinda like saying that the titanic sinks at the end. Anyway, I would agree that a man crying over the loss of a dog does NOT mean his "man card" is revoked although it is a bit sketchy when it is not the card carriers dog. I did get a bit choked up and my dogs received extra attention when I got home. I also feel it isn't fair that a dog only gets to share 1/10th of our lives with us however, that does give us more of and opportunity to share our lives with multiple dogs. Also while painful as hell humans are more capable of carrying on after our dogs pass away. I know of several and have heard of even more cases where the dogs owner dies and the dog simply doesn't know how to carry on with out them and shortly after dies. All that being said its a sad movie but as usual the book is even better! I don't encourage reading very often because it takes time away from riding, but those of us not blessed with all year riding climates have to do something in the winter. So if you find yourself bored thumb through the book its even better than the movie.

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

I watched it the other night too. I teared up. My dog looks EXACTLY like marley and I couldn't stop thinking about her and when we'll have to put her down. I thought the worst was over, then the kids read their letters. God damn.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 AM   #9
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Quote:

Spoken by a true man
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
My mom wanted me to go see it with her a while back and I just told her I wouldn't because I already knew how it would end. Oddly enough she called today to let me know it wasn't half a fun as the ads made it seem.

I can watch a ton of movies without being emotional but sweet god if you put a loyal pet in it that just hits home.

I think 20lbs should be the limit. Jack Russell Terriers aren't purse dogs but they aren't big either. My Dog Skip is a classic movie damnit.
Lol, okay, we can lower the limit. My cuz has jack russells and they're pretty damn fun. he's got 3, and they're like a pack of wolves.

This thread reminds me that i have to go check on a girlfriend of mine, her yellow lab as doggy leukemia. sad face... i took care of him as a puppy, he is a good dog.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote