RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default free fallin............

not funny, but WOW!

Woman thrown from motorcycle falls six stories from Bush Turnpike ramp

12:48 PM CDT on Friday, April 17, 2009
By ASHLEIGH REUTER / The Dallas Morning News

A motorcyclist has been accused of reckless driving after his female passenger was thrown from the bike and fell 60 feet from a highway ramp onto a service road.

Lazaro Torres-Perez Leah Sanchez, 20, was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, said Sgt. Robert Bernard, of the Texas Department of Public Safety. The hospital said she was in critical condition this afternoon.

On Thursday evening, Sanchez was riding with Lazaro Torres-Perez, 21, of Sanger and heading west on Bush Turnpike when he attempted to pass a vehicle on the one-lane entrance ramp to the Dallas North Tollway, Bernard said.

The bike struck a concrete barrier and Sanchez was thrown from the motorcycle, falling about six stories. Bernard had initially said the woman fell 16 feet.

Sanchez was not wearing a helmet, and Torres-Perez was, Bernard said. Alcohol did not appear to be a factor, he said.

Torres-Perez was charged with reckless driving and has since been released on bond, according to a Collin County jail official. His bond information was not immediately available.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
shmike
Follower

Definitely not funny.

Happens at least once a year around here.

We had a guy last year that survived the fall only to be hit by traffic on the Interstate below.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
not funny, but WOW!

Woman thrown from motorcycle falls six stories from Bush Turnpike ramp

12:48 PM CDT on Friday, April 17, 2009
By ASHLEIGH REUTER / The Dallas Morning News

A motorcyclist has been accused of reckless driving after his female passenger was thrown from the bike and fell 60 feet from a highway ramp onto a service road.

Lazaro Torres-Perez Leah Sanchez, 20, was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, said Sgt. Robert Bernard, of the Texas Department of Public Safety. The hospital said she was in critical condition this afternoon.

On Thursday evening, Sanchez was riding with Lazaro Torres-Perez, 21, of Sanger and heading west on Bush Turnpike when he attempted to pass a vehicle on the one-lane entrance ramp to the Dallas North Tollway, Bernard said.

The bike struck a concrete barrier and Sanchez was thrown from the motorcycle, falling about six stories. Bernard had initially said the woman fell 16 feet.

Sanchez was not wearing a helmet, and Torres-Perez was, Bernard said. Alcohol did not appear to be a factor, he said.

Torres-Perez was charged with reckless driving and has since been released on bond, according to a Collin County jail official. His bond information was not immediately available.

Saw that on the news last night... Now they are saying he tried to kill her, and they are trying to pin a murder charge on him (if she dies).

There have been a ton of accicents there. There was a MC accident a few years back... the guy went over the edge... the mc made it around the corner...

This is highway 75, the road crossing it is the George Bush Turnpike (so you can get an idea of how far she fell)

Last edited by Lucky3623; 04-17-2009 at 04:42 PM..
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
Saw that on the news last night... Now they are saying he tried to kill her, and they are trying to pin a murder charge on him.
surviving a 60 ft fall onto concrete is prety impressive in of itself, plus factor in the speed she was traveling when she left the bike as opposed to someone who just jumps.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I can't believe she survived a 60ft fall on top of not even having a helmet.

I was goofing off on a telephone pole with hooks onetime and dehooked at 10ft and that hurt the hell out of me.

Which at a local flooded rock quarry I've jumped off a 52ft cliff into the water and that's a hell of a hit.

I guess God protect babies and fools.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

I saw a guys skull the other day after he had a little oopsie moment. no gear at all. it was gruesome.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

freakin' ouch

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukestertx View Post
in an email received from a friend of leah's (the girl):

"she fared better than you would think possible, no walk in the park though. The best news is that she has no head injuries at all. She landed feet first, which of course broke her legs and her pelvic bone. These were all compound breaks, her pelvic bone ripped through the muscles in her buttocks. She had some internal bleeding from that particular break. Both disks 3 and 4 in her back are fractured, but it does not appear that she will have any loss of movement. She has compound breaks in both arms as well. Recovery will be lengthy and very rough but it looks good."
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post

We had a guy last year that survived the fall only to be hit by traffic on the Interstate below.

Man that would suck !! OUCH !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Update:
Fractured discs?

Not sure what thats about.

my friend took care of a guy who jumped off the verrazano bridge and landed on concrete. The guy was obviously dead, but ems brought him in, then trauma wanted to open his chest to resussitate him (over eager resident) so they crack his chest and most of his blood volume spills out and they find something that shouldnt be in his chest. HIS FEMUR

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote