Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Terminator Salvation

Saw it the other night, and it left me wondering.... what is wrong with folks that they cant make a great Terminator movie, it shouldn't be too hard, make it a story about how John goes looking for his father finds him, and gets chased around by a terminator he never fought before.

Ok so the movie wasn't that bad and I did enjoy it for the pure lets blow shit up aspect of it, but it was a little light on story.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I have not seen it yet but hope to soon.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Movie Was Garbage
Old 05-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Haven't seen it, but not too surprising.

That's (usually, for the last couple of decades) Hollywood for ya - blow lots of shit up & throw a bunch of absurdly improbable/unrealistic stunts at the audience & it just doesn't seem to matter if the plots are disjointed shit-stains.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #5
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I was pleasantly surprised as I figured it would completely suck and it turned out not so bad
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:16 AM   #6
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

It sucked balls. I can't believe I was actually stupid enough to go to the midnight showing on Wednesday night. I should have known with the PG-13 rating it was gonna blow...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

It wasn't awful, but Batman should stick to Gotham. Bale doing the Batman voice for 2 hours without swinging through the air or riding around in the Batmobile is just wrong.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Everytime He said this is John Connor I thought...WHERE IS HE!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I really think it was a good movie, just that it was also a mediocre terminator movie Although out of the four it was better than number 3 but at the same time less intelligent than the recently cancelled TV show.

I started to pick out some real quick plot holes:

Spoiler:

How come skynet san fransisco was designed with touch screen ipodish terminals for people to use? Since it is a computer that really didnt interface with people at all (except for the one time with marcus), couldn't they have gotten away with a bunch of server towers and a USB plug to talk to marcus with? I mean they are both computers, they should use USB to communicate right?

Heart surgery outside in a windy desert next to a helicopter? Have you heard of an infection? How about blood type compadibility? cuz you can't just share body parts, you really need to see if people have the same blood type and other stuff like that. Which brings me to....

Wasn't Batman supposed to die at the end? I mean a railroad track to the chest is a leading cause of death in the post apocolyptic wasteland. You could sorta tell that Marcus giving up his heart to save john shouldn't have happened. I really think that Marcus should have taken Batmans face and lived on as Conner

Why only 1 Marcus? Go ahead evil self aware robot overlord of the future, in a grand scheme to kill more people you really could have built more than 1 evil half human half robot hybrid decepticon.

How do car batteries last 15 years? Mine barely last 3, hell I go through a motorcycle battery at least once a year sometimes I'm an idiot and ruin a few batteries by being a douche. 15 years? yeh start that jeep up there bad boy with your magical powers of car starting geniusness.

How the hell are their planes and helicopters stilll flying? it takes alot of maintenance to keep those thing in the air, let alone parts, fuel, trained pilots... There really is a huge industrial machine that starts with mining and works its way through the manufacturing process all the way up to manufacture and assembly. Speaking of the industrial machine....

Where do they get bullets from? Light bulbs? All that other stuff that takes manufacturing?

Ok I could go on, but that was just the stuff off the top of my head.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

You had no problem with time travel or killer robots, but you pick up a lack of light bulb manufacturing plants???
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote